Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Mirage adventures.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

2019 Mirage adventures.

Hello everyone, my name is Artyom.

Back in the spring of 2019 my old BMW finally started digging its own grave and at that point I had to get a different car. Needless to say after a lot of back and forth I finally caved and grabbed up a 2019 Mirage 1.2L 5 speed. Im EXTREMELY ambitious over car modifications, and this car will be no different.
    I've been looking into as much as I can to squeeze out every last MPG I can get. So far it seems pretty average with ~40 city/50+ Highway. However I want more. I'm very eager with what I want to do. But I've never had a platform that has been so hard to modify, if not for everything that would suck MPG down. I've had a LOT of wheel time in this car ever since I originally bought it. It came off the lot at 23 total miles. I've been across the country and back 2 times now. A little over 5k miles each time back and forth. Yes, it was a DRIVE and a half. Respectfully about 30-32 hours with each trip just going to the destination and 30+ hours back home. Needless to say I know the car inside and out.

List of mods I'd like to add IDEALLY:

Wheels(Dish style more closed than open)
    K&N washable filter(Added)
    Sway Bars(Front and Rear)
    Exhaust
    Coil-Over kits(Godspeed MSS0114-A MonoSS)
    Upgrade Headlights/Taillights/Indicators
    Pulling out weight(Bucket seats, possibly removing back bench seat, etc.)
    Short throw shifter
    Weighted shift knob(Added)
    Upgraded/Lighter breaking system
    Any amount of body modifications(Aero of course)

This is just a small list of stuff I'd like to do to the car. Obviously there isn't too much being added to the car without it being modified heavily. However I'm always open to put in the wrench time for anything that would even slightly improve the MPG.

Thank you for welcoming me into this forum I cant wait to see what you all have been doing to your cars!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyomMajestic View Post

Back in the spring of 2019 my old BMW finally started digging its own grave and at that point I had to get a different car. Needless to say after a lot of back and forth I finally caved and grabbed up a 2019 Mirage 1.2L 5 speed. Im EXTREMELY ambitious over car modifications, and this car will be no different.
    I've been looking into as much as I can to squeeze out every last MPG I can get. So far it seems pretty average with ~40 city/50+ Highway. However I want more. I'm very eager with what I want to do. But I've never had a platform that has been so hard to modify, if not for everything that would suck MPG down. I've had a LOT of wheel time in this car ever since I originally bought it. It came off the lot at 23 total miles. I've been across the country and back 2 times now. A little over 5k miles each time back and forth. Yes, it was a DRIVE and a half. Respectfully about 30-32 hours with each trip just going to the destination and 30+ hours back home. Needless to say I know the car inside and out.

Exhaust
    Short throw shifter

This is just a small list of stuff I'd like to do to the car. Obviously there isn't too much being added to the car without it being modified heavily. However I'm always open to put in the wrench time for anything that would even slightly improve the MPG.

Thank you for welcoming me into this forum I cant wait to see what you all have been doing to your cars!
    If you care about your car, I would skip the K&N engine filter. It does a horrible job of filtration! Watch below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3L-E-ufYo

Welcome to the forum!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-22-2023)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you care about your car, I would skip the K&N engine filter. It does a horrible job of filtration! Watch below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3L-E-ufYo

Welcome to the forum!
    That's terribly unfortunate. I've lived by K&N for years now. Thank you though, I appreciate the info!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya, the poor K&N performance surprised me. No more of them on my rides.

So, OP I take it you had your tire pressure cranked up to the max, either 44PSI or 51PSI depending on the brand of tires you have during your cross country excursions?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Ya, the poor K&N performance surprised me. No more of them on my rides.

So, OP I take it you had your tire pressure cranked up to the max, either 44PSI or 51PSI depending on the brand of tires you have during your cross country excursions?
    Generally speaking I rode them around 37-40 psi before heading out of the state I was in. Is there an advantage to using max psi rated for the tyres?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Generally speaking I rode them around 37-40 psi before heading out of the state I was in. Is there an advantage to using max psi rated for the tyres?
    Mileage will increase, at what point there is no further gain with further pressure is not well documented.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Mileage will increase, at what point there is no further gain with further pressure is not well documented.
    I will definitely keep that in my on my next out of state venture! Thanks for the info!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I will definitely keep that in my on my next out of state venture! Thanks for the info!
    You're very welcome, this is a great forum, best car forum I know of.

Exhaust
    Short throw shifter

Welcome!
    Wow, 5000miles in 62 hrs? Have you considered attempting the cannonball run?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Welcome!
    Wow, 5000miles in 62 hrs? Have you considered attempting the cannonball run?
    Haha wouldn't be a bad idea honestly. I've already made that venture almost 9 times in total. I had a long distance partner that I would periodically visit. We basically have gone back and forth every year now.