Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Mirage adventures.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyomMajestic View Post
    Haha wouldn't be a bad idea honestly. I've already made that venture almost 9 times in total. I had a long distance partner that I would periodically visit. We basically have gone back and forth every year now.
    As a lad I could probably pull off a coast to coast but now I fear I'd nod off sometime after the 12 hour mark. My hat is off to you sir!

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've done the long distance relationship thing and wont wish that on my worst enemy.

Between the mentioned over inflating of tires, I believe some of the best mods for MPG are patching up the seams and front of the car. I've also seen people extend the rear spoiler for a more "egg" look which makes for better MPGs.

I'm assuming most of those miles are on HWY so (i'm not an engineer) but I imagine having a more unrestricted intake and exhaust would give you the best HWY mileage at the cost of potentially lower CTY mpg.

Before you go about changing the exhaust, I believe there are threads on here with folks who've found there's very little to gain and have kept the exhaust stock. There are also a few on here who's made very simple intake mods.

Good luck!

EDIT:
    oh and weight is also the easiest thing to mod to increase MPG. Lighter wheels, back-seat delete, among others. Though know that back-seat delete greatly increases road noise.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I've done the long distance relationship thing and wont wish that on my worst enemy.

Between the mentioned over inflating of tires, I believe some of the best mods for MPG are patching up the seams and front of the car. I've also seen people extend the rear spoiler for a more "egg" look which makes for better MPGs.

I'm assuming most of those miles are on HWY so (i'm not an engineer) but I imagine having a more unrestricted intake and exhaust would give you the best HWY mileage at the cost of potentially lower CTY mpg.

Before you go about changing the exhaust, I believe there are threads on here with folks who've found there's very little to gain and have kept the exhaust stock. There are also a few on here who's made very simple intake mods.

Good luck!

EDIT:
    oh and weight is also the easiest thing to mod to increase MPG. Lighter wheels, back-seat delete, among others. Though know that back-seat delete greatly increases road noise.
    Honestly I'm not looking to gain too much from the exhaust outside of just looking better and actually having it out the back instead of down below my rear bumper. The rear delete wouldn't be too terrible, but driving around 30 hours or so straight would be a bit killer right now. I've been on the hunt for lighter rims, mostly looking outside of Japan for some good lightweight and simple dish style. As for the actual driving, I will definitely be using a higher PSI for the drive. I didn't even think too much about that.

Thank you for the tips!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    As a lad I could probably pull off a coast to coast but now I fear I'd nod off sometime after the 12 hour mark. My hat is off to you sir!
    It's not too terrible! Just need to take a few more breaks, or longer gas stops! If you start to doze off, stop in a rest stop along the way and nap! Not saying its worth the drive half the time, most of it from my state on is pretty flat land, no turns and little anything else. Hah.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyomMajestic View Post
    It's not too terrible! Just need to take a few more breaks, or longer gas stops! If you start to doze off, stop in a rest stop along the way and nap! Not saying its worth the drive half the time, most of it from my state on is pretty flat land, no turns and little anything else. Hah.
    Where I live is weird for rest stops. Either a cluster of them or nothing. Of course I get tired when there is no place to rest!

Oh, should you enter a rest stop in Ontario and appear off (I had completed 400 miles on a cold day on my bike) expect a half dozen patrons there to call the cops about the Impaired Guy. I admit the cop was cool when he learned I was the InPained Guy, stopping to rest and be safe.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)