Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Headlights! (Need headlight bulb retainer)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Headlights! (Need headlight bulb retainer)

Hello! My name is Scott. I bought a brand new 2017 mirage g4 in 2017. Current 104,451 miles. It's a 5 spd thats bone stock minus the sound system. Have a full Alpine sound system with a touch screen display and 10in sub in the trunk.

I've ran into a bit of a problem though. I broke the plastic headlight retainer about a year or so ago and I ended up having to take the headlight assembly out and tape the bulb in. Ive searched all over the internet looking for a replacement retaining ring and even bought a 9007 retaining ring but it didn't fit. Does anyone have a link to or know of a replacement retaining ring so I can replace my headlight bulb correctly since it is gone out now and I would like to not have to tape another one in

Last edited by SCOTTEH; 10-27-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Are there any wrecking yards in your area you could call / visit ???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

What plastic retainer? I just watched a video of someone replacing a g4 headlight bulb(and honking they were different than the hatchback) and the bulb was held in place by a metal clip.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @ klroger I havent been able to find a yard with one in it unfortunately

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Fummins On the 2017 G4 ES trim model there's a plastic ring/cup the screws onto the headlight assembly that holds the bulb in place. I think I have one of the broken ones in my toolbox still

Gotcha, there must be more than one headlight bulb style for those G4's. The video I saw had a 9003 bulb so was probably overseas somewhere. I didn't realize they used the 9007 bulbs in n/a G4's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Gotcha, there must be more than one headlight bulb style for those G4's. The video I saw had a 9003 bulb so was probably overseas somewhere. I didn't realize they used the 9007 bulbs in n/a G4's.
    Excuse my mistake. I meant to type 9003 🙃🙃🙃🙃

So does your headlight look like this one?(Skip ahead to 3:31) I'm really lost here. If you had a 9007 bulb I'd know what piece you're talking but afaik the 9003 bulbs are retained by a metal spring clip, then stick the rubber dingus cover on then plug it in? If you broke the part that the headlight bulb sits against(inside the housing) then I assume you're gonna be buying another headlight assembly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So does your headlight look like this one?(Skip ahead to 3:31) I'm really lost here. If you had a 9007 bulb I'd know what piece you're talking but afaik the 9003 bulbs are retained by a metal spring clip, then stick the rubber dingus cover on then plug it in? If you broke the part that the headlight bulb sits against(inside the housing) then I assume you're gonna be buying another headlight assembly.

Forgive me as I confused myself with headlight bulb numbers. Yes it's a 9007. I just bought 9003 bulbs for a different vehicle and confused myself.

Attachment 24360