Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your fleet (old and current)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I definitely considered the Kia Sorento. The wife preferred the roomyness of the Passport versus the potential of using the 3rd row of the Sorento.

I drove a friends 2019 (?) base Sorento and it was comfortable even with the 4cyl.
    Yeah, you're not missing much as far as the third row goes. It's really only for little kids. Our oldest usually rides back there and finds it easier to just crawl through the hatch rather than try to figure out how to move the goofy second row seat out of the way.

A minivan makes a much better people mover if you have more than 2 kids imo. Sliding doors are nice in parking lots, driveways garages etc...., more so if they're power. I think all vans have had 4 doors since 2001? My 03 Carajunk had 2 sliders...

When the wife and I looked at the Kia, we test drove a 19' that they had on the lot, it had all the options the wife wanted. She ended up wanting a 2020 instead because newer...Turned out Kia dinks around with trim levels as much as Mitsubishi does. They removed some sync system/remote start thing for 20' but added power lift gate(iirc) and some stupid giant glass roof that I really didn't want. The dealer ended up isntalling an aftermarket remote start and the wife was happy.

Until the sunroof shattered while on the highway. That's why I didn't want a sunroof lol. Thankfully the wife was able to get it replaced under warranty. Now there's a roll of duct-tape in that vehicle at all times...

The Kia also has a valve cover that's sweating. No drips yet, it'll probably wait til it's out of warranty until it starts puking. It's only got 20k kms on it now...
    I too think you made the better choice with the Honda.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Ares (01-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    That Bug looks awesome.
    agreed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

klroger (01-25-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is a great idea! I only wish I still had pictures of all my old cars. Back in the day it was importat for some reason to have pictures of them. It will take me a bit to try recalling them all.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Current Stable:

-The Mirage is my daily
    -The blue BMW is a summer car that's apart this winter being groomed to take to the track
    -The police car being sorted out to be towing a car trailer
    -The red Jetta is my track day car I sometimes take to shows
    -The silver Jetta is a long term project where I'm trying to rebuild a car from my youth.
    Last edited by Fopeano; 01-27-2023 at 04:31 AM.
    Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fopeano View Post
    Current Stable:

-The Mirage is my daily
    -The blue BMW is a summer car that's apart this winter being groomed to take to the track
    -The police car being sorted out to be towing a car trailer
    -The red Jetta is my track day car I sometimes take to shows
    -The silver Jetta is a long term project where I'm trying to rebuild a car from my youth.
    awesome fleet! NGL, I'm liking the cop car the most lol. They're pretty comfy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Fopeano (01-29-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  97.4 KB

My 2019 OS/RVR/ASX 5 speed manual that I replaced the 18" OEM rims and dropped down to 16" rims running a 215/70r16 tire with 16x7 Konig Lightning rims.

Name:  Mirage.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  98.1 KB

2015 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Ares (01-30-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I'm liking the cop car the most lol. They're pretty comfy.
    The front seat or the back??? HeHe
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    The front seat or the back??? HeHe
    Wouldnt you want to know...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  97.4 KB

My 2019 OS/RVR/ASX 5 speed manual that I replaced the 18" OEM rims and dropped down to 16" rims running a 215/70r16 tire with 16x7 Konig Lightning rims.
    I like your 16" rims & wheels. I am not a big fan of large rims/low profile tires, especially on a SUV. My Forester has 215/65r16 tires (factory size for base model).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like your 16" rims & wheels. I am not a big fan of large rims/low profile tires, especially on a SUV. My Forester has 215/65r16 tires (factory size for base model).
    It drives so much better with the 16” rims. Steering feels better also. Road manners are way better with dramatically improved driving over irregular pavement. No more skipping around or spooky wet weather performance. Since my OS/RVR/ASX only weighs 3050 lbs /1380 kg it feels way more stable with 16” rims over the 18” OEM’s if that makes any sense.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)