Thread: Prndl light

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Prndl light

I have a 2019 mirage g4 es CVT and for the life of me I can't remember if the gear indicator in the center ever lit up. I know cars normally have them but after owning this one for a while I know not to expect such luxuries. Am I crazy or is mine malfunctioning?

Quote Originally Posted by Wholeeohh216 View Post
    I have a 2019 mirage g4 es CVT and for the life of me I can't remember if the gear indicator in the center ever lit up. I know cars normally have them but after owning this one for a while I know not to expect such luxuries. Am I crazy or is mine malfunctioning?
    Are you talking about the indicator where the shifter is? My 2014 lights up, I checked a few lower trim cars at work and they all light up too. The new 23 GT and SE trims we have at work light up as well.
    I recall seeing some posts about some of these cars that never came with the back light but that was overseas I thought?

I'm not sure about the g4? I assume it'd have one. Might just have a burn out bulb?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah where the shifter is, it's not lit up at all and my wife brought it up the other day and I was dumbfounded lol. Never noticed if it lit up to begin with

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fuminns is correct, there was a guy on here in some other foreign market that said that the gear shifter did not illuminate on his model and he was interested in retrofitting it.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Fuminns is correct, there was a guy on here in some other foreign market that said that the gear shifter did not illuminate on his model and he was interested in retrofitting it.
    So I'm in the US. Is there any way to check if it is supposed to light up before I disassemble the center console?

So I'm in the US. Is there any way to check if it is supposed to light up before I disassemble the center console?
    I’m sure someone will chime in by tomorrow. If not the console is easy to remove. I’d bet a dollar that yours should be lit up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    If it's posa, does yours have any warranty left? Maybe worth considering. Although you could probably install a new bulb in 10 minutes. You're gonna have a lot more than 10 minutes involved with going to a dealer and having it done for "free." And in my experience, having dealer tech bumble around in my car and gouge up plastic pieces and break snap features, etc, just isn't worth it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Didn't realize I never got back to this thread. Turns out there is a light and it burned out. Weird with only 38k miles and less than 3 years but that was the problem.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Didn't realize I never got back to this thread. Turns out there is a light and it burned out. Weird with only 38k miles and less than 3 years but that was the problem.
    Thanks for sharing! Did you fix it yourself (versus warranty)?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a buddy that does car audio and while he was messing around in my car I asked him to check and he found the bulb and got me a new one

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wholeeohh216 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-09-2023),Mark (03-09-2023)