Thread: 2017 mirage G4 ES key fob

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2017 mirage G4 ES key fob

Does anyone know if keyless entry is standard on 2017 mirage G4 ES from the US? by keyless entry I mean can you program a remote for it. It's not push to start. Bought car used and only came with standard key.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think all us models are keyless entry. only the base model in canada is without it.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guilbeljr89 View Post
    Does anyone know if keyless entry is standard on 2017 mirage G4 ES from the US? by keyless entry I mean can you program a remote for it. It's not push to start. Bought car used and only came with standard key.
    All 2014+ Mirage hatchbacks & 2017+ G4 sedans come standard with remote entry (both key & push button start models).

I own a 2017 ES Mirage, and it came with two factory keys with the remote. I would assume the G4 ES would come with the same. I will attach what they look like below -

https://www.locksmithkeyless.com/pro...b-fcc-oucj166n

Using my two factory keys, I had a third key made without the remote (see example below) Total cost was under $15, because the chipped blank key is cheap, hardware store charges a couple bucks to cut it, and you can program without any tools (following directions in the owner's manual).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AKS-KEYS-...SellerId=17877

I never use my 2nd factory key with the remote, and it has a metal tag attached to the key ring. That metal tag has a 5 digit number on it.

quoting a source -

"What is the key number tag? Your vehicle comes with a key number tag, which is unique to your car. If you ever need to purchase a replacement key, you will need your key number tag. Tip Keep the key number tag in a safe location outside of the vehicle, in case you ever lose the keys and need a replacement." Jan 7, 2016

Does that 5-digit code help a dealer program your remote entry? I don't know for sure!

I would ask a dealer what it cost to cut & program one remote, ask a locksmith the same question, & compare. I think you are at the mercy of their help regardless!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

guilbeljr89 (01-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you so much for all this info! Bought the same model key but so far 2 locksmiths couldn't program it. Guess I'll have to go through the dealer. Hopefully I don't need that code other than to figure out which specific key I need. Thank you!