Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal All-Fit lip/Air dam potential

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    The mirage already has an air dam where it matters most, in front of the wheels. I dont think you will ever see a Return on investment on an air dam. At least adding a smooth underbody as others have done(https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...90-km-h-56-mph) would help retain heat during warmup and in the colder months.
    Mo! I haven't seen you post for awhile. Good to hear from you again!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What if there isn't much if airgap in the cartridge block heater. The ones that say Mitsu on the box come with some grease that you smear on before installing it. I assume it's to help transfer heat to the better and/or prevent dissimilar metal corrosion?

I found this winter mild so far, except for one cold stretch. I'm fine with mild winter. My house has crappy 1978 insulation and windows. Our latest power+gas bill was close to what I paid for my Mirage. I had to take in my empties to pay it!

I think it's time to buy a wood stove before they're outlawed...

As for the airdam, it seems like Mitsubishi keeps making the little flaps(air dams) under the front bumper larger for each refresh. The 14-15 have little rubber flaps, 17-21 have slightly larger ones and added some in front of the rear wheels. Now the 23' I had in the shop has some even bigger ones if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe they just look bigger cause they're usually either worn down or torn off of most of the cars I see?

I watched a video where they took a dodge pickup and did a mpg comparison with the stock air damn installed versus removed. The verdict was that having the ugly airdam/valance installed did noticably help mpg. They also did another test comparing the difference a tonneau cover makes which showed similar results.
    Isn't mileage for a pick up supposed to rise a lot when the rear gate is down? Something like it acting like a giant air brake at highway speeds destroying gas mileage if you leave it in the up position. I recall from being a delivery driver in the early 80's on the Toronto->Windsor run with a Ford F150 with the 360 engine I had to make 3 stops for gas going there (the rear gate was up) and I only needed 2 stops for gas on the return to Toronto leg with the rear gate down. The weight was really close both ways, about 1200 lb.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Isn't mileage for a pick up supposed to rise a lot when the rear gate is down?
    You're just trying to start a fight...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Name:  BE5E7E9D-6A8B-4A36-9EAB-E4E01EF7EA92.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  95.1 KBName:  5B6576DF-3E8C-4A1E-972A-EC0E0A57CAD7.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  95.7 KB

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Magenta For This Useful Post:

bnas (04-05-2023),Fummins (04-03-2023),inuvik (04-02-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    Name:  BE5E7E9D-6A8B-4A36-9EAB-E4E01EF7EA92.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  95.1 KBName:  5B6576DF-3E8C-4A1E-972A-EC0E0A57CAD7.jpg
Views: 222
    Name:  2140-0-1448218648.jpg
Views: 221

Looks good! Well done

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mo! I haven't seen you post for awhile. Good to hear from you again!
    Yeah its been awhile, I started a new job last year. I now work mainly from home. No more need for car maintenance, mods or upgrades for me.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-05-2023)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I have something like this. I’m pretty sure I got it from wishdotcom, so I didn’t have high hopes for it. I probably didn’t clean the wax off as well as I should have and I used a bunch of screws to compensate for the weak adhesive. I’ve had it for a few years on my lowered ‘18 and it’s held up pretty well. There’s a gap where I should put in another screw. Mine’s black and I like how it blends/flows with the black under the doors.

How well do you think it actually worked? Like would investing in this little lip kit be worth it for the small little Mitsubishi? Or would I just lower it/add coil overs to it and call it from there??