Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRDA - It's a small world...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    For rear drums, you have to make sure you get the proper size. It's been that way for years and still is. Some brands/mfg/suppliers know that these cars came with 2 different sizes over the years and some don't. It doesn't help that other markets in 2014 in came with larger drums than the North American 2014, then the N/A cars came with the larger ones in 2017...

I ordered some for my 2014 and the listing was for 2014,15,17 etc...I had to get someone to measure the drum before I ordered them.

As for aftermarket rads, I can usually get them aftermarket through work most of the time but for the last few years getting almost anything has been completely hit or miss. Usually the latter. I've had to order from the rock place a few times lately.
    It just pisses me off none of the big car parts stores carry a healthy selection of Mirage parts. The Smart Car, has a bigger selection, a car that didn't sell as well as the Mirage.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It just pisses me off none of the big car parts stores carry a healthy selection of Mirage parts. The Smart Car, has a bigger selection, a car that didn't sell as well as the Mirage.
    I'm glad I have two sets of rear drums for 2014 series Mirage. I ordered them from either Advance or Rock about 2019 and since I'm cheap they must have been on sale. I did locate drums up here for the 2017+ series with wheel bearings installed for $120 each which I think is a fair price. I have a small lathe which I can jury rig to turn drums if they are really scored, but I found have changed countless of rear shoes that even scored drums are fine to use with new shoes. If the drums are out of round it's another thing.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

I have not found that to be the case. Keep in mind - my local O'Reilly Auto Parts & Auto Zone are located in a town of only 5,000. The nearest Mitsubishi dealer is 65+ miles away, and I wouldn't say Mitsubishi is all that popular in my area.

I could go to my local Auto Zone & find two types of their Duralast front brake pads in stock (always seem in stock). Their Duralast brake rotors are usually in stock. The morning I decided to replace my front brakes, the brake rotors were out of stock. They told me they could get them for me later the same day. I went to O'Reilly, because they had them in stock for the same price. The rear brake shoes are not as common to replace, but I could get them in less than 2 days. Also says they are available at 45 nearby stores, but that wouldn't be that nearby to me.

I would probably go to O'Reilly for their $91.99 brake drums (not in stock), but they would have them in stock by 10:30 am tomorrow morning if I ordered them tonight.

We have a NAPA, but I don't care for them as much. I didn't even bother to look there.

Some items like a radiator may be special order, which I don't blame them because the manual & CVT Mirages have differences. Estimated delivery of a $165.99 Duralast Auto Zone radiator is February 7th. That's less than two days delivered to my home!

Considering how rare the Mirage is in my area, I'm still not overly concerned about parts. Serpentine belts - 2 types in stock @ Auto Zone whenever I check. Things like batteries, oil, filters, headlight bulbs, etc... are not any different than other vehicles. You can buy those things @ Walmart with ease.

When I shop @ Auto Zone online, they know my particular 2017 Mirage. It's possible 2014-15 parts may not be as available, but I don't know?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have not found that to be the case. Keep in mind - my local O'Reilly Auto Parts & Auto Zone are located in a town of only 5,000. The nearest Mitsubishi dealer is 65+ miles away, and I wouldn't say Mitsubishi is all that popular in my area.

I could go to my local Auto Zone & find two types of their Duralast front brake pads in stock (always seem in stock). Their Duralast brake rotors are usually in stock. The morning I decided to replace my front brakes, the brake rotors were out of stock. They told me they could get them for me later the same day. I went to O'Reilly, because they had them in stock for the same price. The rear brake shoes are not as common to replace, but I could get them in less than 2 days. Also says they are available at 45 nearby stores, but that wouldn't be that nearby to me.

I would probably go to O'Reilly for their $91.99 brake drums (not in stock), but they would have them in stock by 10:30 am tomorrow morning if I ordered them tonight.

We have a NAPA, but I don't care for them as much. I didn't even bother to look there.

Some items like a radiator may be special order, which I don't blame them because the manual & CVT Mirages have differences. Estimated delivery of a $165.99 Duralast Auto Zone radiator is February 7th. That's less than two days delivered to my home!

Considering how rare the Mirage is in my area, I'm still not overly concerned about parts. Serpentine belts - 2 types in stock @ Auto Zone whenever I check. Things like batteries, oil, filters, headlight bulbs, etc... are not any different than other vehicles. You can buy those things @ Walmart with ease.

When I shop @ Auto Zone online, they know my particular 2017 Mirage. It's possible 2014-15 parts may not be as available, but I don't know?
    Mark, I must say it's so cool in your small town you have such a great selection of parts places. And good independent mech techs as well IIRC. I really only have two brick and mortar choices and 1 is a subsidiary of the other. I need to scope out an independent or two jobber. I might not need them if I sell my 2017 as I have most all consumables for my 2014 including drums/belts/shoes/rotors
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Maybe I'm just using their websites wrong then? Lol. That is good news Mark thank you.