Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tough decision to make

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

tough decision to make

I went and advertised my 2017. I have two very serious folks,

One wants to buy it as is, right now for about 20% less than I want, but I don't need to certify it. Just sign it over.

The other is content to pay full ask but I have to certify and replace the windshield.
    My gut is to tell the as is buyer to split his offer with my ask and we have a deal.

Then I have to rush out and try to score whatever 2023 5 MT I can find. And try to keep it as close to $15k as possible.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I went and advertised my 2017. I have two very serious folks,

One wants to buy it as is, right now for about 20% less than I want, but I don't need to certify it. Just sign it over.

The other is content to pay full ask but I have to certify and replace the windshield.
    My gut is to tell the as is buyer to split his offer with my ask and we have a deal.

Then I have to rush out and try to score whatever 2023 5 MT I can find. And try to keep it as close to $15k as possible.
    Buying the Titanium Gray or paying $450 extra for the White Diamond?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Why are you selling your 2017. I know the 2023 looks really nice.
    To bad you can't find your dream Mirage before you sell this one.

Also try and get your asking price from first guy willing to take it as is. If they do walk there will be plenty of other potential buyers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Buying the Titanium Gray or paying $450 extra for the White Diamond?
    I say get the blue one

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I say get the blue one
    Definitely.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    Why are you selling your 2017. I know the 2023 looks really nice.
    To bad you can't find your dream Mirage before you sell this one.

Also try and get your asking price from first guy willing to take it as is. If they do walk there will be plenty of other potential buyers out there.
    The first folks paid to have their guy look at it and finding no faults they decided to re-negotiate the "no fault found" price. Something about their insurance not wanting to underwrite it for collision for the selling price. It smells to me. They have another couple days to use the pot or clear off. My old original dealer swore they could get me a blue or red if I acted last fall. Promise.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    The first folks paid to have their guy look at it and finding no faults they decided to re-negotiate the "no fault found" price. Something about their insurance not wanting to underwrite it for collision for the selling price. It smells to me. They have another couple days to use the pot or clear off. My old original dealer swore they could get me a blue or red if I acted last fall. Promise.
    I believe that the dealer told you that, most will say anything to make a sale. Come get the blue car that you ordered! one problem...They sent the wrong color, this one is grey.

I know of someone that just got paid out for a 2017 Mirage, they got what the car cost new. Around $12,000 iirc. The car had under 50k though so that helped with value

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I believe that the dealer told you that, most will say anything to make a sale. Come get the blue car that you ordered! one problem...They sent the wrong color, this one is grey.

I know of someone that just got paid out for a 2017 Mirage, they got what the car cost new. Around $12,000 iirc. The car had under 50k though so that helped with value
    Ya, the oldest trick. Like my 77 Cordoba which was ordered dual exhaust, 4v, a 2v single exhaust arrived. The dealer was even going to refund me the difference of $58 on the build sheet! How nice of them!

I drove around in a dealership loaner for nearly 8 weeks. Took a couple of long trips too. Not my car.

I actually have a list of 4 peeps interested in my 17 if it doesn't close.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a beautiful 1977 Cordoba in Jasmine yellow with the 400 4bbl.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Mark (02-11-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I had a beautiful 1977 Cordoba in Jasmine yellow with the 400 4bbl.
    They were pretty classy car for the era, nice inside, good styling, lots of options. my 360 4v was OK powerwise