Thread: Hi! New to the forum!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

Hi! New to the forum!

Hi there, I bought my Space Star last year in July and am calling it lovingly my 'Space Potat'.

Last year, after finishing school and finally being able to make enough money, I decided to buy my very first car.
    I always wanted a small car and after switching back and forth between other compact cars and looking around on used car sites I found my silver 2016 Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2 Intro Edition+.

I adore it. It's so fun to drive, every single curve is so managable and I can squeeze into parking lots that most cars here wouldnt dare to try to fit in. I might not be the fastest to accelerate on the Autobahn, but man, just swimming along the traffic is fun enough

It is my daily drive. I drive to work, do groceries and even managed moving (albeit barely ) some furniture with that little Potat. It even drove me into the Netherlands and Luxembourg without any issues. Every time I see it, it looks like it greets me with a smile.

This sounds almost like a love letter to my car, but I am really happy that I decided to buy a Space Star.
    It was handled with care by the previous owner and I hope it will last me a good few years to come. That said, it already has a special place in my heart as my first car.

The only thing I'm threading right now is the 2-year inspection I need to do in May, but I'm sure it'll be fine, and if not, I will tell you about it

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qynci For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-07-2023),Fummins (02-07-2023),mitsumi (02-09-2023),twister77 (02-08-2023)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qynci View Post
    The only thing I'm threading right now is the 2-year inspection I need to do in May, but I'm sure it'll be fine, and if not, I will tell you about it
    Congrats, welcome, and all that jazz. After your inspection, I suggest that you take it to the Nurburgring. Record your time, it should be the fastest Mirage at Nurburgring. Because maybe there's been no other Space Stars on the track. I don't care how slow the Mirage / Space Star is, it would be fun to run the Nurburgring. I would run it in a washing machine if that's all I had and lived nearby.

Correction - I found a video with a 1.0 Space Star running the Nurburgring. With your mighty 1.2L, probably you can beat its time. I'm going to watch the vidoe when I get home!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-10-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Congrats! It's good to see lots of new sign ups. So many good things have been brought here over the years.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Wilcommen, qynci!

Congratulations on your Space Potat. What other cars did you consider? I understand the VW Up is a fun car - but maybe a little smaller than the Mitsu?

The inspection you speak of: is this the famously strict German inspection that older cars must go through?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hi! I am new here. I just bought a 2015 Mirage G4 GLS from a friend. It has 51,000Kms on the Odometer.