Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the Mirage change your opinion about econoboxes?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Attachment 24754

If it goes down in Taiwan, our key ally Japan, will fight. They have no choice. Mitsubishi produces the "Shin Shin" stealth fighter. The tri-diamond could very easily fly again for the Pacific War 2.0. Kinda of crazy to think we'll be on the same side.
    Dirk, if it comes down to it we'll be damn fortunate to Japanese tech on our side. You look around at our allies in the pacific and while China has it in numerical superiority, and always will, add up all the tech everyone brings to the table and I think we still hold an edge, and that's because of our diversity. Oh, Mitsubishi makes a really sweet little twin turboprop. I've always had a yen (huh!) to get qualified on the small popular single pilots jobs like this.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

They took the yellow submarines out of west edmonton mall so what do we have for a Navy now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    They took the yellow submarines out of west edmonton mall so what do we have for a Navy now?
    The British Navy? I mean technically you are apart of the Common Wealth. The King's face is on your money right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I bought the Mirage because it really is the last of the econoboxes. I had previously owned 4 Sprint/Metro's and a Colt in the past. I just appreciate good old fashioned basic transportation with good mpg's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have always been into little cars. When I was 10 I LOVED Mini Coopers and VW Beetles. When I was 16 and exploring the car market, looking forward to getting my license, I'd scour Craigslist late at night hunting for Honda hatchbacks I could afford. The first car I actually ended up getting was a '92 Corolla that was built pretty much the same as a Geo Metro. The guy that eventually became my father in-law jokingly put a Geo badge over the Toyota badge when he repaired it once and I loved the surprise mod. Once I finally got a decent job in my 20s and had money to get a newer car, my husband started looking at CarMax's inventory in our local area and found a '14 Fiat I was interested in. When we went to look at it we asked the sales guy if there was anything else similar to a Nissan Versa Note (we had looked at one a couple years prior and liked it). Then he showed us the Mirage. I liked the burgundy color better than the light green Fiat color, and I liked the Japanese design better than the lame Fisher-Price Olive Garden aesthetic. He also said the Mirage would be way more reliable.
    I was used to driving a **** box for years and planned to drive one for many more so I feel like the Mirage allowed me to make a serious upgrade while remaining a cheap skate. It feels like a Lexus compared to my previous vehicles. The shrinking number of economy car options these days brings me a sense of dread, and I hope the Mirage can turn this trend around.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Princess_Bishi For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-14-2023),Wallythacker (02-14-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm dreadfully worried the Mirage will be the last man standing in North America. It has no danger of disappearing in Asia with sales in the 4-500,000 annual level. My concern is Mitsubishi will take the cavalier attitude of the rest of the US sellers and force large loaded SUV/Crossover/EV crap down our throats. As a former long time super loyal Ford guy who strayed I will never buy another Ford in my life nor another North American brand that doesn't offer affordable entry level cars.

Oops. There aren't any left.

And to think as recently as 2016 I could buy a brand new 5 MT Fiesta for $8,475 OTD. Even less than the Mirage when the currency is converted. Those same Fiestas sell for more than $10k these days with low miles.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm dreadfully worried the Mirage will be the last man standing in North America. It has no danger of disappearing in Asia with sales in the 4-500,000 annual level. My concern is Mitsubishi will take the cavalier attitude of the rest of the US sellers and force large loaded SUV/Crossover/EV crap down our throats. As a former long time super loyal Ford guy who strayed I will never buy another Ford in my life nor another North American brand that doesn't offer affordable entry level cars.

Oops. There aren't any left.

And to think as recently as 2016 I could buy a brand new 5 MT Fiesta for $8,475 OTD. Even less than the Mirage when the currency is converted. Those same Fiestas sell for more than $10k these days with low miles.
    I've always been somewhat neutral about Ford in the past.

They lost my respect after dropping all their cars (except the Mustang). I understand trucks/SUVs equals big money, but what are they doing for those who may need affordable transportation?

Quote -

"After General Motors and Tesla both posted record profits for fiscal 2022, Ford Motor Company last week announced a net loss of $2 billion, and blamed cost issues and especially continuing computer chip shortages on results that disappointed Wall Street." Feb 6, 2023

Henry Ford made cars affordable for the common man, and he became a force in the auto industry. I think today's Ford executives lost Henry Ford's vision for the company!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-14-2023)