Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So much Hyundai/Kia fail explained so well

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

So much Hyundai/Kia fail explained so well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbZkVyd9cc

What absolute trash. I had no idea Hyundai were that bad. Good lord.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "Worn bearings due to debris left in engine from factory" Yikes. So not only does the design suffer, but poor quality control ensures that no matter how well you take care of your engine, it is destined to die early.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Have I ever mentioned how I would not buy a Hyundai-Kia ... as long as Toyota exists? Have I mentioned how I steer clear of Korean brand products who also make aftermarket products? If not, I can make a whole long reply about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Basic (02-28-2023),Fummins (02-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Have I ever mentioned how I would not buy a Hyundai-Kia ... as long as Toyota exists? Have I mentioned how I steer clear of Korean brand products who also make aftermarket products? If not, I can make a whole long reply about it.
    Yeah we get it! Dorito's are expensive too lol

I'm thinking of getting a Genisis, I hear they're as good as Lexus?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-21-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah we get it!
    Nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a Genisis, I hear they're as good as Lexus?
    They're even better! And they're at least as good as a BMW 750i. Buy one or two and let us know how it works out! My leg feels pulled upon...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-21-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If you think Hyundais and Kias were problematic, try looking for replacement catalytic converters. You wouldn't believe how many Santa Fes and Tucsons came to my workplace when they had them stolen and sent to us through a tow truck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I also have a severe disdain for Hyundai and Kia. Rear suspension acceptable alignment specs for 2013 Hyundai Elantra make a bent axle of a Mirage look like a godsend. Such a piece of absolute garbage. Curse words are blocked on here otherwise I'd tell you how I really feel.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    You know what really grinds my gears about Hyundai-Kia? Most of their vehicles don't come with a spare tire. All Mitsubishis do with the exception of the new Nissan Outlander.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is weird Dirk. Most vehicles that come with no spare generally come equipped with runflat crap tires. Seems like I remember, when I was at Hyundai-Kia, some scuttlebutt about removing the spare, and including some of that fix-a-flat crap instead. The Americans rolled their eyes and grumbled something along the lines of, that's just as dumb as everything else, we were ignored as usual. Looks like I need more liquor and shock therapy to get that out of my mind.

One story that pops into my head. You guys remember how I told you I'm built like Shrek. One time I'm in the bathroom at the Hyundai plant. I'd been their employee for a while and had already gotten to know many of my Korean counterparts. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful people, I love 'em (they suck as engineers but it comes from the top down). So, in the bathroom. I'm at a stand-up urinal. 2 average size Korean guys take the next two urinals to the left. One guy cracks off a tiny little popper. The next Korean guy cracks off a bigger one, but was more or less a little squeaker. He then makes some kind of grunt at the other guy. They could not have timed it better. I had a monster brewing that I was being polite and had been holding in. But after the grunt of superiority, I opened the throttle. And let out this big juicy moose. I then then looked to my left as they were both looking up and to the right (with a bit of shock on their face) and I said, "welcome to America." Zipped up and walked away. If they hadn't been exposed like they were, I might have gotten bowed to. I don't think their shocked looked was because they couldn't match it, I'm sure they could under certain circumstances. I think their shock was that I would have the audacity to dwarf them so spectacularly.

Yeah, the wifes 15' optima came with no spare. There was a spot for one but they installed a big chunk of styrofoam and an air compressor/tire slime combo. What a stupid idea that is. The wife hit a pothole one winter and bent the wheel so bad it broke the bead. She didn't know any better and tried the stupid air compressor slime garbage lol.

At least the Sorento came with a spare, pretty sure it's a donut but better than nothing.

I think the chevy spark we had at work for a short while didn't have a spare either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)