Thread: P0456 small leak 2015

Country
    United States
    Thanks

P0456 small leak 2015

I know I have seen a few posts about the P0456 but it does not look like there is any solid fix's for this I have seen. I did a little to try and fix this tryed a new gas cap not the problem. My buddy works at a shop and we smoke tested the gas tank. When we tested the gas tank we seen that the vapor canister vent valve was wide open the key was on at the time car not running kinda thought that was odd but also read that's normal on these cars. I can erase the code but it comes back a little wile after I get gas or if I wait till after I burn up some has and erase the code it won't come back till a little wile after I refuel agen. Cars been like this for almost 3 years I got the car from a friend of mine that got it new I got it back in July I'm at 143k miles. any help would be nice thanks.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just for a goof, remove the rear seat cushion and the cover on the floor to access the fuel pump. Check the top of the pump close for cracks. I think others have found small leaks here… just my guess…

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-19-2023),inuvik (05-31-2023),mohammad (02-19-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Just for a goof, remove the rear seat cushion and the cover on the floor to access the fuel pump. Check the top of the pump close for cracks. I think others have found small leaks here… just my guess…
    I should have mentioned in that when I was doing the smoke test it was looking for cracks in my sending unit I had the seat out and had the cover off looking for any leaks or cracks at the time and nothing there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.CT For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-19-2023)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post

I dealt with this check engine light for about 6 months and it was exactly this problem. Take the fuel pump out and I guarantee there is a hairline crack in the plastic. Mine had 3-4 TINY cracks and I JB-welded them and 1500 miles later ZERO check engine light. Takes about 10 minutes to take the unit out, $5 in materials and all your issues are gone.