Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
When I worked at the junkyard they installed an oil burning furnace and the government paid I can't remember how much per liter for burning used oil. Eventually the rebates/incentive stopped.

The shop I'm at now used to get paid by a disposal(recycle?)company to haul away our used oil, they also collected used coolant but charged more than what they paid for oil to dispose it. In the end I typically have far more oil than coolant to dispose of so it used to work out being basically free disposal for both.

Over the last year the oil collection company started charging to haul away used oil, I don't know if everybody started doing this but if so then I can see people having a hard time disposing of oil for free at shops.
If this becomes common I'm finding myself a used Land Rover diesel, price be damned (to a point) and I'll haul used oil away for 1/2 what the other guys charge. If I set this up right it could turn a tidy profit.

Matter of fact it might be time to sell the house and buy that used 45' custom bus used by Penske as a travelling house. I've seen it come u for sale twice now, at around $45k each time. Seems too cheap but w/e.