Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car wont start after attempting to replace brake drums

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ahhh wife said it wasn't started that day... BUT she reminded me we just had KROWN applied a few days prior and they drenched under the hood.
    Even the front of the snorkel had the product in it. It didn't go far in the ait intake snorkel though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah I see it happen often enough. Usually happens after it's been started and not ran for very long then shut off. The colder it is, the more likely it can happen. You don't have to touch the throttle to have these things flood.
    That is exactly what happened, the parking spot I moved it to was half a parking spot away, I moved to take up 2 spots while I was working on the car. Plus it was chilly that night. Your trick with the fuel pump fuse worked, it started on the first try.

I'm not even mad about it all, because now I know for sure my sparkplugs look amazing and I found out I have been missing a fuse for the CVT Oil pump probably since my gf bought the car in 2017. I will be checking all my fuses now to make sure everything is there, though I am a little worried to find out what happens when I replace that fuse...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nifty_Biscuit For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-20-2023),Fummins (02-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty_Biscuit View Post
    That is exactly what happened, the parking spot I moved it to was half a parking spot away, I moved to take up 2 spots while I was working on the car. Plus it was chilly that night. Your trick with the fuel pump fuse worked, it started on the first try.

I'm not even mad about it all, because now I know for sure my sparkplugs look amazing and I found out I have been missing a fuse for the CVT Oil pump probably since my gf bought the car in 2017. I will be checking all my fuses now to make sure everything is there, though I am a little worried to find out what happens when I replace that fuse...
    That's good to hear!
    I wouldn't be too concerned about missing fuses. It's probably not used anyways. There is no electric oil pump on our cars.

I assume a cvt oil pump is only gonna be in cars that have auto/start stop which isn't available on these cars in North America. It was over seas though.

Don't forget to subscribe to the lubetube channel! I'm trying to get to 1000 subscribers by the end of the day.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-20-2023 at 09:09 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Nifty_Biscuit (02-20-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    ! I'm trying to get to 1000 subscribers by the end of the day.
    You are just a couple off. I am already subscribed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cleadus_fetus For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-20-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Maybe it was a relay? My memory is horrible, part of the reason I started making videos is because memory is only gonna get worse from here!

Edit: ok it was a fuse. It might be in a different location on other years.
    I've never had this problem, but I really appreciate you sharing stuff like this! The best thing about this particular clip is that it didn't really work the first time, but it took a second time to make it work. There was a good lesson about not giving up (try, try again) mixed into the fix itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've never had this problem, but I really appreciate you sharing stuff like this! The best thing about this particular clip is that it didn't really work the first time, but it took a second time to make it work. There was a good lesson about not giving up (try, try again) mixed into the fix itself.
    Again...my memory fails me but I'm pretty sure that was the second time I tried it that way or maybe it was it the first?

That video was initially going to be just talking about how many miles that car had and how it's holding together but then the thing didn't start lol.

I haven't had this ever to my personal Mirages either. Came close once though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    I was afraid I did it once. I cranked up in the driveway cold, after an overnight. Started backing up as my son was walking out of the house. I instinctively shut it off to talk to him for a minute (don't like to idle). Soon as the engine died I was thinking, oh crap, I probably just flooded it. He and I talked, then it cranked right back up. There might have been half a hiccup during the cranking.

The difference is, the engine probably only had 15k to 20k miles on it, it was not cold, the temp had to be 50°F - 60°F.

My old Scamper could probably fill each cylinder with liquid gas, and it would fire right up, lick its chops and say, mmmmm delicious.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)