Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I had to get another car? Well, the 2015 CR-V EX has been very reliable. I'd hate to part with it but there's no way I'd get another vehicle unless I did.

So what to choose? I have a few choices if the car was strictly for me.

1. 2011 Toyota Camry with V6 and 6MT

The perfect sleeper. Who would suspect a Camry would get down? And the v6/6MT does get down.

Name:  camry-v6-6MT.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  78.5 KB

2. 1990-94 Nissan 240SX (S13)

I had a service call when I used to be a WISP technician where an older couple had one of these bone stock sitting in their front yard. Looked exactly like the picture. Paint looked great and no rust (gotta love TN). They would not part with it but also said they probably aren't going to do anything with it. Such a shame. I would've bought it right there if they were selling.

Name:  nissan-240sx.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  81.5 KB

3. Late 90s DSM

My first car was a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse automatic that my uncle saved from a junk yard for a few hundred bucks. It was completely stripped out and had lots of problems but I still managed to keep it on the road for over a year. I sold it to a fellow highschooler at the time for a whole $200 (they were down bad, it was just trying to help someone out) and they drove it for a few months before it blew up.

If I could get another 1st or 2nd gen DSM in decent shape I think I'd really enjoy making it my own. They are still the coolest sports cars of the 90s imo short of the EVO.

Name:  1997-mitsubishi-eclipse.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  61.6 KB

4. 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII

What else do I need to say? The first EVO exported to the USA. One of the baddest to ever get down.

Name:  mitsubishi-EVO-VIII.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  100.4 KB

And those are my picks at the moment.

Last edited by jonesboro; 05-30-2023 at 03:01 PM.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-30-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Another car? Maybe an older one? I've always wanted another 72 Vega GT. I got lucky, mine had no oil consumption issues and no rust the first 5 years of its life. It finally got retired @150,000 miles and a total of 2 or 3 oil changes. Original clutch. The head gasket failed, a common issue in the engine. It was a badass looking little car, handled like a dream.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    OK, time to dredge this thread back up.

I'm so stupid. Why do I want one? I went to Florida to buy a 2005 Boss Hoss this past weekend. With a 350 cubic inch / 385 hp V8. Black & chrome. Looked nice.

It rode strangely, like it had been crashed, had some electrical issues that could have also been crash related. It felt not right in the steering head. This bike has a serious frame to support this engine and the power of it, it should track better than it did, and it fought me at slow speeds. As well, the seller had too many suspicious items. Nothing egregious, just quite a few small things. It was his dad's bike, but his dad was out of town. A P.O. Box address on the title. Wanted to sell it cash money through their business (auto related). Said he bought it first, 1.5 years ago, then his dad bought it from him. A couple other things. So I walked. Too close to playing games with me, and I don't play games.

Towed my utility trailer down there with my GMC Sierra. 19.00 mpg average. I was sooooo tempted to use the Blueberry. But the bike is about 1,300 pounds, the trailer 875 pounds from my memory. It's not that the 2,100 - 2,200 pounds scared me so much. The main worry is the tires. Those tires just aren't cut out for that kind of duty, nor are the tires new. And lastly I doubt I could have positioned the bike in a way to minimize load on the hitch, which would have put even more load on the rear tires. Just not smart.

I don't need to pile on lunacy on top of lunacy (lunacy equal to buying such a bike, on top of the lunacy of towing it with the Mirage).

The thought of buying a motorcycle with 2 puny cylinders just seems pathetic to me now, after riding this bike. I'm afraid I've locked myself into getting one of these. Just gotta find the right one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-21-2023)

I'm all over the map. Still kinda want a model S 100D or P90d or 100d. But I'm too poor to throw that kinda money away on a beater commuter car.

Instead I'm thinking of looking for a 4x4 of some kind. A 4runner maybe? Something that doesn't suck too much and I could park in the driveway without leaving rust or oil spots would be a bonus. Being able to comfortably tow my 1700lb-ish side by side at highway speeds would be a bonus.

I'm also kinda thinking of picking up a "cheap" german suv and taking it down a few more non-car friendly trails for sharts and pickles. Got any ideas? Everyone and their dog has a 4runner, Tacoma, Cherokee, and a Wrangler. I wonder how crappy something like a Pathfinder(solid rear axle style), or old Montero would be? Or were they just junk?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would be down with a Tacoma or 4Runner, but they hold their value. So they're not cheap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I would be down with a Tacoma or 4Runner, but they hold their value. So they're not cheap.
    Yeah, this one looks pretty clean. At least for a 20 year old Toyota in these parts https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1663025967 But it's not free And...20" city slicker wheels look goofy af.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those look like the wheels that come on the "Limited" trim level here in the states. And I don't care for them either. They do have a city-slicker, non-off-road look to them.

I just found a 2011 Taco 4 banger 4x4 for under $2k that needs an engine. A used engine is $4-5k! Hmmm Attachment 25387
    New headlight included lol has 350k Km and supposedly the transmission was replaced 70k ago… could be a bargain. Not sure how awesome a 4cylinder would be but for that price if it doesn’t need $5k worth of extra parts it could be flogged at a profit down the road if it’s not too bagged.

I go look tomorrow but it’s 5hrs away north west of me. We measure distance by time for some reason.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-21-2023 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    OK, time to dredge this thread back up.

I'm so stupid. Why do I want one? I went to Florida to buy a 2005 Boss Hoss this past weekend. With a 350 cubic inch / 385 hp V8. Black & chrome. Looked nice.
    Just a 350, why not a 502? This ones kind of out of the way for you https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...3-0d311e29db84

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just found a 2011 Taco 4 banger 4x4 for under $2k that needs an engine. A used engine is $4-5k! Hmmm Attachment 25387
    New headlight included lol has 350k Km and supposedly the transmission was replaced 70k ago… could be a bargain. Not sure how awesome a 4cylinder would be but for that price if it doesn’t need $5k worth of extra parts it could be flogged at a profit down the road if it’s not too bagged.

I go look tomorrow but it’s 5hrs away north west of me. We measure distance by time for some reason.
    That generation of Taco was notorious for rusted frame rails to the point where it would fold in half so bring a hammer and crawl underneath that thing!

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...69416-9999.pdf

Attached Images Attached Images

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-21-2023)