Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm on the fence as to Nissan Cvt's. The Nv200's at work are holding up. The only one I replaced burnt up because it was driven with a hole in the trans cooler until it quit moving then they managed to get it moving again and finished it off.
    Other than that....the highest mileage one is a 2018 with over 273,000miles(444k km). These have a different model Jatco cvt than the Mirages though. They drive more like a normal grown up car(has power, not as jerky/clunky). Drivetrain seems okay, just everything else is garbage. Heater motors, heater cores, heater resistors, heater box, wiper transmissions, door handles, door hinges, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, tires, heater controls, all wear pretty fast. They're the worst as far as build quality. I tear the center consoles out of each one to do some wiring mods and everyone has the wiring harness ran incorrectly(you can see the clips and where they go but they skipped a step...).
    That's all I got.

As for posts deleting, if you don't click the "keep me signed in box" then you'd better be quick when posting or editing otherwise it sometimes goes mia.
    In general I am not impressed with Nissan products. It goes beyond their transmission (like you shared above). If someone gave me an older Nissan Frontier, I wouldn't be opposed to that. As Mitsubishi products become relabeled Nissan products, I will become less & less impressed with Mitsubishi. I don't see Nissan building Mitsubishi up. I see Nissan taking Mitsubishi down, but I hope that I am wrong about that.

In this case, I think he was just making reference to the Kick & Mirage not being much different in price, and I get that.

Many threads seem to go all over the place, and there's no harm in that. Everyone has a different opinion, too.

If I had to replace my 2011 Forester today, I would be looking at the Mazda CX-5 AWD (2.5L non-turbo models with a 6-speed automatic transmission). If my search criteria was a 250 mile radius, under 60,000 miles, & under $20,000, I have 17 different 2016 CX-5 models to choose from. A handful are under $17,000. A vehicle like that would check the right boxes for me. A low mileage or 2nd generation CR-V AWD manual or any generation Honda Element AWD (2.4L engine) manual might make me even happier, but those are becoming old models these days. The criteria here is AWD & the ability to tug a small trailer.

I wouldn't see the need to spend more than $20,000 for an AWD SUV. Likewise, I wouldn't spend a lot of $$$ for a Mirage even in today's market. We're all different, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Many threads seem to go all over the place, and there's no harm in that.
    As the OP to this thread (stand back!) I'm fine with this thread wandering. Seems like there's a lot of valuable information published as a thread wanders. Like chasing a vein of gold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

It says welcome Ontario customers... https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...4344?undefined

I work on a bunch of Chevy Sonics and I wouldn't recommend them. They have more power and handle better than a Mirage but they are money pits! I have a customer with a Cruze(same car different body basically) and it's a pos as well. Just made to fail, and not built to be maintained or serviced and it shows. I'd avoid fords too but I'm sure they're off your list already. They're cheap and snazzy when new(er) but not worth it in the long run once the orange money light starts turning on...

I guess I'm kinda biased towards the Mirage but I really don't know anything else that's decent for the same money. Buying a 15 year old honda or toyota is gonna be a crap shoot.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

How about this one https://www.cargurus.ca/Cars/invento...352988353/NONE

Seems too cheap for the cargurus'. Could be a bait and switchmobile or have a repaired status? You never know?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Does this work?

https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/on/?r...advancedSearch

it's only 25 results and has very tight filters applied: mileage under 100k, year 2017+, automatic, in province, $15k max pre fees
    Last edited by frost; 03-28-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frost View Post
    Does this work?

https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/on/?r...advancedSearch

it's only 25 results and has very tight filters applied: mileage under 100k, year 2017+, automatic, in province, $15k max pre fees
    I musta replied to the wrong thread again... Go for the White 2017 Chevy Volt! Seems too cheap so it's probably a scam. Auto trader was full of them last time I used it years ago. I prefer Kijiji. But a lot of the same ads are crossposted.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Awesome, just asked for the CarFax anyway just because you said it's a good one. We shall see!

Kijiji Autos with strict filters applied relevant to me

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/auto...EAR&yc=2017%3A

The Volt? I don't want to be accountable for you buying a pos! I think the Volt is the only newish GM car I'd consider other than a Bolt. They might be costly if you did have a problem that isn't covered by warranty.

There's this Sentra with 16k kms. It is a Nissan but if the mileage is legit....? https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/niss.../#vip=26930261
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    I just finished looking (online) at brand new pickup trucks. I just like to be aware of what's out there. Limited my search to full size pickup trucks, and including 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. As far as I can tell, there is NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION trucks left at any model, tonnage, or trim package. And 40 grand is about as cheap as a truck comes these days. They're all crap. It's very depressing. You can't even get a basic truck any longer. All that is left is a Glorified Grocery Getter Warranty Nightmare. Matter of fact, I think that might have been one of Ford's trim levels.

Gloom, despair and agony on me...

However, a manual transmission Tacoma can still be had! I sure wish I could put one on layaway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-26-2023)

I'm sure glad my work got rid of almost all the standard vehicles. That was a huge time and money saver. There are a couple 5 speed trucks left but the few drivers than "can" drive a stick really can't. They don't stall(usually) but somehow manage to go through clutches on an irregular basis. One was driving around the entire time with the idle turned up, as if warming it up in the winter. I try to explain what they're doing to cause excessive wear but when you can see straight through someones ear and out the other one then there's not much point.

Mirage videos: