Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm still considering the Outlander Sport in spite of that Mitsubishi tech saying they're not as reliable as the Mirage. It's $3k to 5k cheaper than it's competitors on avg after all fees/taxes, it's engine has been around a long time, it comes with a spare tire, and I like the way it looks. My only complaint would be I'm forced to have AWC now if I got a new one. Completely unnecessary when half of America rarely even sees ice on the roads.
    2023 Mazda CX-30 2.5S has about the same MSRP as the Outlander Sport 2.0S (146 hp).

2.5L engine (191 hp) with a 6-speed automatic transmission (zero CVT worries). Superior interior in my opinion. Comes with a donut spare tire I believe.

I do like the looks of the Outlander Sport. Since I became interested in Mitsubishi somewhat, I have always thought the Outlander Sport looks the best. When the Eclipse Cross appeared, the Outlander Sport looked ever better!

There's no harm in test driving a 2023 Mazda CX-30 2.5S. Mazda vehicles look a bit more classy to me inside & out, and I say that in comparison to most everything else (not just Mitsubishi). Plus, Mazda vehicles go Zoom Zoom!

I do like the more rugged look of the Outlander Sport over the CX-30, but the engine/transmission on the CX-30 would trump that for me.

A fully loaded CX-30 with a turbo (227 hp) is quite pricey, but I wouldn't want a turbo anyways. 191 hp is decent power for a smaller SUV.

Just sharing! Nothing wrong with a Outlander Sport either. Heck I wish I owned the older 5-speed manual Outlander Sport. If their manuals had come with AWD, I may even own one already.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2023 Mazda CX-30 2.5S has about the same MSRP as the Outlander Sport 2.0S (146 hp).

2.5L engine (191 hp) with a 6-speed automatic transmission (zero CVT worries). Superior interior in my opinion. Comes with a donut spare tire I believe.

I do like the looks of the Outlander Sport. Since I became interested in Mitsubishi somewhat, I have always thought the Outlander Sport looks the best. When the Eclipse Cross appeared, the Outlander Sport looked ever better!

There's no harm in test driving a 2023 Mazda CX-30 2.5S. Mazda vehicles look a bit more classy to me inside & out, and I say that in comparison to most everything else (not just Mitsubishi). Plus, Mazda vehicles go Zoom Zoom!

I do like the more rugged look of the Outlander Sport over the CX-30, but the engine/transmission on the CX-30 would trump that for me.

A fully loaded CX-30 with a turbo (227 hp) is quite pricey, but I wouldn't want a turbo anyways. 191 hp is decent power for a smaller SUV.

Just sharing! Nothing wrong with a Outlander Sport either. Heck I wish I owned the older 5-speed manual Outlander Sport. If their manuals had come with AWD, I may even own one already.
    I looked at a the CX30 just now, at a Mazda dealer near me. They had 26 of them available but only the 1st 2 were MSRP of $24k, the other 24 were around $29k? I wonder if they're just attention grabbers that aren't really there as they didn't have actual pictures of the cheaper 2? $24k for a Mazda is a great deal but I wonder if it's for real?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd love a reasonably priced Outlander Sport. The challenge with them is they're not as much as a good value today than they were 4-5 years ago. Furthermore, isn't that the same vehicle from 2016? The Mitsubishi "value" has been lost in their pricing as of late.

Would have loved a loaded Outlander PHEV but they dont sell it with cooled seats (IIRC) and the passenger footwell is small compared to the Passport.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Prius has an eCVT right? Completely different from a traditional CVT found paired with ICE?
    Correct. There's no belt with pulleys in that. It's just a reduction gearset with two electric motors. It varies the speed of the two electric motors and the gas engine to change the output speed to the wheels. It's mechanically simple and stupid reliable.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (02-24-2023),Dirk Diggler (02-24-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Is the Sport the model that retailed under $20k not that long ago? I told a housekeeper in need of a new car to check Mits out and she was thrilled she got a new SUV/cross under $20K OTD. no what model she bought. this was the start of the pandemic, Jan or so of 2020.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Is the Sport the model that retailed under $20k not that long ago? I told a housekeeper in need of a new car to check Mits out and she was thrilled she got a new SUV/cross under $20K OTD. no what model she bought. this was the start of the pandemic, Jan or so of 2020.
    I paid $15848 OTD for my new 2019 OS in June 2019. Definitely those days are gone!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Mark (02-28-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Correct. There's no belt with pulleys in that. It's just a reduction gearset with two electric motors. It varies the speed of the two electric motors and the gas engine to change the output speed to the wheels. It's mechanically simple and stupid reliable.
    I was going to axe about that, something I know nothing about. Leave it to Toyota to find the mechanically simple and stupid reliable way of doing things. I had a lot of respect for Toyota, when I worked as a design engineer for them, and gained respect as I went along. But then when joining Hyundai-Kia as a design engineer, my respect for Toyota blew up like a mushroom cloud from the horrible-awful-insanely-stupid shi1 the Korean engineers were doing. Don't get me wrong, I love the Korean people and would love life living in and amongst them in Korea. But their engineering mindset is just asinine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lately, it has been the following cars:

2017 Mirage SE with manual transmission option.

2016-17 Accord Hybrid
    2016-17 Accord with manual transmission option

2018-20 Fit with manual transmission option

2014-18 CRV
    2014-2016 Mazda 5 with manual transmission option

2014 Mazda 5 with manual transmission option. Unicorn for growing family because it like a minivan. Seats 6 folks comfortably.

I just love practical fun fuel efficient cars. Not satisfied with my highlander averaging 17 MPG

but

I am taking Mark’s advice for me to be grateful on what I have. I have no car payment. I love 0% APR, hate anything higher than that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Mark (03-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    The Mazda 5 with manual transmission is quite a vehicle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Lately, it has been the following cars:

2017 Mirage SE with manual transmission option.

2016-17 Accord Hybrid
    2016-17 Accord with manual transmission option

2018-20 Fit with manual transmission option

2014-18 CRV
    2014-2016 Mazda 5 with manual transmission option

2014 Mazda 5 with manual transmission option. Unicorn for growing family because it like a minivan. Seats 6 folks comfortably.

I just love practical fun fuel efficient cars. Not satisfied with my highlander averaging 17 MPG

but

I am taking Mark’s advice for me to be grateful on what I have. I have no car payment. I love 0% APR, hate anything higher than that.
    I must say I'm surprised there are so many popular cars in the Americas with really bad mileage. Many cars I drove in the 70/80's did better than so much modern stuff. My 88 Ranger 5 mt 2.9l got 28-30 mpg combined. my 327 impalas, maybe 22-24, Dads 302 mustang 25-27. friends 318 Fury/Monaco 20-22. Granted, Imperial gallon 20% bigger and these are all lowpo 2v strippers, no AC.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)