Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Considering replacing a Mirage with a Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I expect it is the lower speed limits with few traffic lights. Very little stop and go driving. Maybe it is somehow a "special" car. I would be very disappointed if we bought a 2023 and found that it didn't get the same fuel economy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    When I was in my early 20's, and rode murdersickles, there were these 2 brothers. They were smallish, the same size, might have been twins. They both bought the exact same murdersickle. But one of the 2 murdersickles was noticeably faster than the other. And the one brother that had the slower one was forever pissed about it. And the other brother would smile and chuckle any time someone brought it up. So ... your Mirage could be one that just happens to be better built.

What I hear is the ones that come off the line and have way higher than average build ratings, department-by-department, then they send those off to be painted blue.

Last edited by 7milesout; 03-10-2023 at 06:03 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)