Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Considering replacing a Mirage with a Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    And what's the deal with those green exit signs? I had a hell of a time trying to find my way out of a hospital a few weeks ago. I'm sure anyone watching the security camera's thought I was either drunk or escaped from the pysc ward. I'm guessing the red Exit signs must have been too offensive to somebody.

Edit: Don't mind me, I live under a rock...I guess I just haven't been in many modern up-to-code buildings very often...
    I don't know why they are green. While waiting for service, I had breakfast at Smitty's. I saw the green signs there and thought they were signs to the washrooms. I was wrong.
    I don't have any problem getting in and out of hospitals and other confusing buildings. I have perfected the "lost old man" look and people go out of their way to help me. Only took me 75 years to perfect that look.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiMi For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-02-2023),Fummins (03-03-2023),mohammad (03-07-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    I don't know why they are green. While waiting for service, I had breakfast at Smitty's. I saw the green signs there and thought they were signs to the washrooms. I was wrong.
    I don't have any problem getting in and out of hospitals and other confusing buildings. I have perfected the "lost old man" look and people go out of their way to help me. Only took me 75 years to perfect that look.
    Lol. I like that, "old man look". I'd milk it too at that age. Why not?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I envy you. We had Smitty's at one time, when they left I can't recall. Lots of good memories from there, weekend brunches, loaded up to almost explode.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I envy you. We had Smitty's at one time, when they left I can't recall. Lots of good memories from there, weekend brunches, loaded up to almost explode.
    They're all over the place here. There's one that's a short 2 1/2 hr drive north of Niagara in Lindsay.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    All quotes below. Not my thoughts, wisdom, or stupidity!!!!

Image result for why did canada switch to green exit signs
    Color psychology
    We are trained to recognize red as 'stop', so in an emergency situation it might create confusion. Whereas green color is related to safety and 'go', clearly instructing the public to remain calm and follow the signs. This is why public buildings have green emergency signs. Sep 16, 2019

Canada Also Moves to the Running Man Exit Sign
    1, 2014 to include these new emergency exit signs. By implementing the green Running Man emergency exit sign, they believe it will be easier for those visiting or immigrants of the country to understand where to go in case of an emergency. Nov 14, 2019

Most Canadian jurisdictions require the international green "running-man" pictogram, however some have allowed red "EXIT" signs to be maintained in older properties so long as one style is used consistently throughout the building.

I have no opinion on the subject, but your immigrants may get out faster while the locals can remain confused.

"Running-man" doesn't sound gender neutral. How politically incorrect is that?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (03-07-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "Running-man" doesn't sound gender neutral. How politically incorrect is that?
    And, is it "running-man" George Costanza style?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought a kiwi green 2014 brand new nearly a decade ago.

https://youtu.be/4QzKcF8_gbk

I recently traded it for a 2023 Kia forte gt manual because I wanted a new car with a manual transmission and the 23 mirage ditched the manual.

https://youtu.be/clLZd5UYCfg

My wife saw our old 14 mirage in the wild last week!! They live in our city. I have the second key fob for it and want to give it to the new owners.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As someone who still has a CVT 2015 in the family, and owned a 2018 and has driven a 2022, the 2017 updates are the only big changes, everything else is superficial.

Buy a basic model without driver assists and auto braking, that will negate the windshield discussion.

Big things you will notice: Handling (Spring rate is much improved), Steering (Huge improvements on center), brakes (again, big improvement just with the larger rotors) and the touchscreens are pretty good.

But still, I would stick with a lower model and save the money.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tytotheler92 For This Useful Post:

7milesout (03-10-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    One question: Your mpg numbers of 46 average ... do you have a manual transmission? That sounds like MT mpg numbers. If you do have a MT, keep it for sure.
    This question and the fact that my fuel consumption numbers are much better than average got my questioning my data. I thought perhaps my odometer was off, so I checked it with a GPS. It was off but only by about 1%, so I'm sticking with my numbers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    I got to thinking later, those might be imperial numbers. But your fuel log thing at the bottom of your posts shows otherwise. I'm not saying a CVT can't knock down those numbers. But I think things have to align to achieve it. Like a) the driving conditions must be ideal, and b) you must know what you're doing to achieve that. Kudos to you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)