Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US/Canada: The End of the Affordable Car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Holy crap what a stable...
    For sure. I've made some regrettable musclecar sales in my life, but Wallythacker takes it to a whole new level. Suddenly I don't feel so stupid.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-01-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    snip - long useless story about a young stupid me - snip I bought the Cuda I lost a street race against in the Boss, I had to sell the it to finance the Cuda. No choice. I won't say how little, but's it's laughable now. Sold the Cuda 2 years later to a farmer. I can always remind myself of the other guy that sold a Hemi Cuda from the Shelburne area that was a former prostocker. He let that go for <$2000. I got more than that.

The Porsche and Ford were bought snagged used, divorce sales! and had decent depreciation in them. I did sell the Porsche for a profit and the Ford went for what I paid after 2 years owning it. I did put 20,000 miles on it. The damn limiter, which I never figured out how to disable was set to 205mph. I tested the limits a few times with spotters. I owned a non-restricted Hyubusa so was no stranger to >200mph speeds. So, big deal, everything happens 3x faster. It's not like you use anything close to all your abilities on the hiway @80mph. Watch the youtube vids and it's no huge deal going 200 mph on a road designed for close to 100mph.

I saw the Ford once years later in north Toronto. Buddy was driving it like at Lemans on city streets. Idiot. I've never seen the Porsche since. I suspect it left Canada.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-01-2023)