Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen the new 2023 BE styling?!? Not sure how I feel about it....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Never thought about using them as a rust cover-up...

Name:  rust_flares.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  61.3 KB

For Sale: F150

Truck is like-new. No rust. Must see to appreciate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-02-2023),inuvik (03-02-2023),mohammad (03-04-2023),vintzend (03-05-2023)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    The BE styling looks ridiculous to me, as if a manga-loving juvenile delinquent dreamed it up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Nifty_Biscuit (03-13-2023)

I kinda like the black roof and spoiler, but that's about it.

It looks ridiculous in my opinion, I wouldn't have bought it, even if it was the only Mirage/Space Star option available to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I kinda like the black roof and spoiler, but that's about it.

It looks ridiculous in my opinion, I wouldn't have bought it, even if it was the only Mirage/Space Star option available to me.
    We have 4 trim levels & 2 of them are similar to the BE. It shouldn't be hard to avoid here at least.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd like to see one of these things in the field. I'm especially interested in the wheel well additions. If they are external to the body, (are they?) they could be 3d printed and eliminate so much labor intensive body work around the arches if rust has taken over. I wonder if Mits themselves is quietly recognizing the design defect allowing the wells to collect crap and rot?

I'd never expect Mits to come right out and say "we blew it designing the wheel wells and created just another poor car requiring absolute pampering (j a p c r a p). That's how the world will see it when a rusted out Mirage parks beside a rusted out Hyundai. The public doesn't know the Mirage has 500,000 trouble free miles and the Hyundai is on engine #3 @85,000 miles. They both appear to be rusted out junkboxes.

So maybe tacitly Mits is saying "we have a fix that shouldn't be needed in the first place but since it was our goof here's the parts to fix it, sorry they're a little expensive but we want them to look like cool optional additions, not fixes for a problem we created.

I call dibs/copyright/trademark on the phrase "just another poor car requiring absolute pampering" (jap crap)
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Nifty_Biscuit (03-13-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They look slightly less terrible with mud-flaps, but just barely so. I could see modifying the design a bit and making it look ok. That makes me want to make a mock-up to see what could be done with that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I can imagine these being a pretty solid seller in some markets (looking at you here, SE Asia), but I am not sure why they are even selling it here. If the color stability of those fender flares is the same after 6-7 years as it was for my OEM rear bumper protector, I am gonna have to pass.

If I got a new Mirage...and I doubt I would...I'd probably get a loaded SE in yellow and suffer with the CVT. I know, I know. I hear you saying, "But that is like a $20,000 car now! My Mirage cost $______ in 2015!!" Check out this sickening statistic...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-07-2023),inuvik (03-06-2023),precisionxt (03-06-2023),Top_Fuel (03-06-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    The BE styling looks ridiculous to me, as if a manga-loving juvenile delinquent dreamed it up.
    Did someone say my name? Oh hey this Rally edition looks pretty neat....

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Meh, it looks good in total body metallic black lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    If I got a new Mirage...and I doubt I would...I'd probably get a loaded SE in yellow and suffer with the CVT. I know, I know. I hear you saying, "But that is like a $20,000 car now! My Mirage cost $______ in 2015!!" Check out this sickening statistic...
    In my 250 mile radius search on cars.com, the price range for a new Mirage these days is $17,480 - $19,970 (ES to SE trim levels). Those prices make me very thankful for what I already have!

Prior to my Mirage ownership days, my search criteria for a daily driver were manual/hatchback/under $10,000. I own a Mirage, because new Mirage manuals appeared (caught my attention) within those same parameters.

I would never own a small car without a manual transmission, but I would consider a primary vehicle with automatic transmission these days. When that day comes, it will be my first automatic.

Mitsubishi no longer produces a new product in 2023 that I would ever be interested in. Just being honest!