Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your most horrifying, eerie, or disturbing life experiences.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    filled with high end shopping, restaurants and the like.
    A thought ran through my head when I got to this point of your story. "a popular neighborhood of Atlanta filled with high end shopping, restaurants and" ... guns, bullets, thugs, it's a lot like THUNDERDOME. It's much worse today than it was at the time of your story (as you know I'm sure).

And then I read the rest of your story. Dayim Dirk, you'd be dead if that person had any level of preparedness. How you can still live in the vicinity I don't know. I'd be living in the sticks if I were you. As it is, I live much further out than you, and I carry. Might not ever do me any good, you just never know.

Sorry to hear about your story. It shocks me. I had a school friend who's cousin I knew on a limited basis. He was a barber. One day I go in to his shop, he was one of 3 barbers in there, one hole side of his face was black and blue, swollen, one eye was swollen shut. Turns out, he had been mugged a couple nights before. He said he never saw the guy. Just woke up on the ground some time later with empty pockets, found a pay phone and called 911. This was back in about 1990 or so, in East Ridge, TN.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    A thought ran through my head when I got to this point of your story. "a popular neighborhood of Atlanta filled with high end shopping, restaurants and" ... guns, bullets, thugs, it's a lot like THUNDERDOME. It's much worse today than it was at the time of your story (as you know I'm sure).

And then I read the rest of your story. Dayim Dirk, you'd be dead if that person had any level of preparedness. How you can still live in the vicinity I don't know. I'd be living in the sticks if I were you. As it is, I live much further out than you, and I carry. Might not ever do me any good, you just never know.

Sorry to hear about your story. It shocks me. I had a school friend who's cousin I knew on a limited basis. He was a barber. One day I go in to his shop, he was one of 3 barbers in there, one hole side of his face was black and blue, swollen, one eye was swollen shut. Turns out, he had been mugged a couple nights before. He said he never saw the guy. Just woke up on the ground some time later with empty pockets, found a pay phone and called 911. This was back in about 1990 or so, in East Ridge, TN.

Hell, I miss living in Buckhead, but I got priced out like many who called Atlanta home. I refuse to live my life in fear. I knew what happened to me had a lot to do with being young, foolish, and not being aware of my surroundings. That mugging happened after I'd only started living there too lol. Statistically, what happened to me is very rare, and I know that. Because of social media magnifying everything, including crime, we feel like we're under siege, when the reality is violent crime has been way down overall since the 90s. I got nothing against carrying a firearm for protection either, but it's just not for me personally. Besides my wife is batty and I wouldn't want her to get her hands on anything that could take me out with ease lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-02-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Post some stories folks! Nothing is too light or too heavy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    I got a scary story, that includes stomach cramps a lots of toilet flushing. But I don't think quite on target for your thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I got a scary story, that includes stomach cramps a lots of toilet flushing. But I don't think quite on target for your thread.
    You're eerie tale kicked all this off! Lol. You're story about the empty rooms reminded me of this. https://youtu.be/TfFQYECY6Uo

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Post some stories folks! Nothing is too light or too heavy.
    I got multiple scary stories, all from my prison experience as a small middle class white boy in a very scary environment.

Here’s one, short and sweet….early on, I made the mistake of going in another dorm per another inmate’s request to get someone to come out to rec yard. I was in there for literally one minute. Upon walking out, I was seen by my dorm’s sergeant who was outside smoking a cig and didn’t like me. He promptly locked me up for “unauthorized area”. I was taken to confinement or “the hole” where I heard the guards discussing which cell they would put me in. They chuckled as they said, put him in with Roundtree. Who was Roundtree? A black dude with SIX life sentences. You can imagine the fear that gripped me when I found out I was stuck in a cell 24 hours a day with a lifer. And to make matters even more complicated, I found out his “baby”, or guy he was in a relationship with, was also in confinement a few cells down across the aisle. They were in there for being caught having sex I believe. I thought to myself, great, all I need is a jealous baby concerned that his man cheated on him with me and coming after me with a shank later on. While he did proposition me, luckily he wasnt the rapist type and was a gentleman towards me the 7 days we were locked up together. I made a good friend out of him in the end, but initially you can imagine how terrifying of a situation it was. Just know that the guards don’t care two cents about your safety in there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carfreak09 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-25-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfreak09 View Post
    I got multiple scary stories, all from my prison experience as a small middle class white boy in a very scary environment.

Here’s one, short and sweet….early on, I made the mistake of going in another dorm per another inmate’s request to get someone to come out to rec yard. I was in there for literally one minute. Upon walking out, I was seen by my dorm’s sergeant who was outside smoking a cig and didn’t like me. He promptly locked me up for “unauthorized area”. I was taken to confinement or “the hole” where I heard the guards discussing which cell they would put me in. They chuckled as they said, put him in with Roundtree. Who was Roundtree? A black dude with SIX life sentences. You can imagine the fear that gripped me when I found out I was stuck in a cell 24 hours a day with a lifer. And to make matters even more complicated, I found out his “baby”, or guy he was in a relationship with, was also in confinement a few cells down across the aisle. They were in there for being caught having sex I believe. I thought to myself, great, all I need is a jealous baby concerned that his man cheated on him with me and coming after me with a shank later on. While he did proposition me, luckily he wasnt the rapist type and was a gentleman towards me the 7 days we were locked up together. I made a good friend out of him in the end, but initially you can imagine how terrifying of a situation it was. Just know that the guards don’t care two cents about your safety in there.
    HOLY HECK that was not something I expected to see when I logged in today. Glad you got out of that situation ok!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rohoGames For This Useful Post:

Carfreak09 (03-25-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks

Name:  51p7GM3FASL.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  45.5 KB

Thank you for sharing. Does anyone else have a prison rape story? I mean this is a Mirage forum after all.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Name:  51p7GM3FASL.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  45.5 KB

Thank you for sharing. Does anyone else have a prison rape story? I mean this is a Mirage forum after all.
    I busted out laughing at that pic. Guys in there actually joke about it too, especially when certain guys are in the shower. I have 2 attempted rape stories, both a centimeter from being actual rape. I lucked out in both situations.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I busted out laughing at that pic. Guys in there actually joke about it too, especially when certain guys are in the shower. I have 2 attempted rape stories, both a centimeter from being actual rape. I lucked out in both situations.
    Yeah that's a real romance novel apparently. First thing that popped up on Google image lol. It's good you still got a sense of humor. Hold onto that, it can save your life.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Carfreak09 (03-25-2023)