Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage - MT - 50k miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 Mirage - MT - 50k miles

5/24/2023: SOLD!

I need to sell my Mirage. Too lazy to clean it up and sell locally, figured I'd give you guys a shot at it first before I bother with it. (and I'll tell you things that I probably wouldn't tell anyone else unless they asked)

I'd like to get around $6k for it. It's located near Clearwater, FL.

It's a 2015... I think it's a DE? It's got all the standard Mirage stuff. Only significant option is probably the automatic climate control. Nothing wrong with the car, works as it should. Runs like a top, like all Mirages do. I really enjoy driving it... I just don't. Silly to pay insurance on a car that I don't drive.

It's got over 50k miles. I don't remember. Might be 52, might be 56. I can look if you care.

It's blue, because blue is awesome. Windows are tinted, but the back window will need to be redone soon, it's starting to bubble near the bottom.

I'll put a set of stock wheels back on it to sell. (have a set in the attic with TPMS, they're from a 2018, with hub caps)

What's not stock or different about the car?

It's got a Godspeed coilover kit on it with custom front top mounts (slightly more caster, and more camber range), currently only an inch or so lower than stock, but could easily be a lot lower.

It's got an engine out of a 2018 Mirage that had 20k miles (was put in at about 40-45k). It's the same engine, but has a few factory changes, like roller rockers on both cams, some difference in the timing chain, and I think some changes to piston coatings or something. All the stuff that gives the later Mirage 78 hp rather than 74. The ECU was not changed, but the car doesn't seem to care. Engine was replaced due to an unfortunate shifting error that resulted in bent exhaust valves. (never shift from the top of second down to first... and, yes, this is an interference engine)

The clutch has been replaced (when the engine was swapped) with a slightly better stock equivalent clutch. Flywheel was lightened by 2 pounds. All that was done while the engine was out.

It's got a lightweight tractor battery in it, and a solar charger to keep it well-charged.

I have a kill switch wired into the cam angle sensor for hypermiling. It does absolutely nothing if you don't use it. You'd never know it was there. It's wired through a normally CLOSED relay, so its failure mode is to be connected and operate normally. Push the button momentarily, and it simply stalls the engine for you. Allows for longer engine-off coasts, extra glide for your pulse-and-glide.

Oh yeah, it's got a header and custom exhaust. The pre-cat was eliminated with the header. The main cat is now a high-flow, I think I did 2". (would have to look it up to be sure) Used VERY quiet mufflers, it's quieter than stock, but makes more power. Stealthy.

Rear wiper is currently uninstalled (I hate rear wipers), but I have it. Takes about 2 minutes to install.

It's got some dents and dings. The dings are insignificant, but the car is not perfect. The dent... it's on the LR door just above the handle, maybe 4" wide and 2" tall? Something fell on it in the garage. I sort of bent it out, but it's got a support right behind it, so not a good place for PDR. It's been touched up and isn't too noticeable. Paint is fading a little bit since I've had it parked outside for about 3 years.

It's a neat car with a few tricks up its sleeve if anybody's interested in such a thing. Seems to be pretty low mileage compared to most 2015's. (with an even lower mileage engine) And, of course, the MT is less common than the CVT.

I figure the car's worth $6-7k on the open market. $1,000 coilover kit, $300 header and $xxx exhaust on it won't add to the value. But, if you like that sort of thing... consider it incentive!

I can still hypermile this thing to over 50 mpg without difficulty. Used to get 58-60 on a short, no-traffic trip at night, but I'm out of practice, I haven't tried it in a while. Thoughtless driving in typical city traffic, short trips, it will do 32-38... sometimes 40+. Attentive driving, it's really easy to get 45 around town. But, y'all already know that.

Last edited by Loren; 05-25-2023 at 04:49 AM.
    Simplify and add lightness.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Mark (03-05-2023),Top_Fuel (03-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    In today's market, that's a good deal for a low mileage Mirage. If I was in need of one, I would consider buying a one-way plane ticket to Florida & driving it back home.

Auto climate controls are pretty much standard on all Mirages, except some of the lower 2017-19 trim levels (ES & LE).

I hope you find a good home for it. It has a few features that make it a bit special & unique. Good luck selling it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Loren (03-06-2023),mohammad (03-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want to see pictures. I honestly do want a 2nd Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You're in LA, I'm in FL. Shipping would be costly. You could fly out and get it, but that's a Loooong drive!

I can get you pictures if you want. Just sayin'.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    It's blue, because blue is awesome.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

I would be SOOOOO down with buying it, for my youngest son. But, he has no appreciation for the advantages of a low hp vehicle. I'm having to buy him something more youthful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    You're in LA, I'm in FL. Shipping would be costly. You could fly out and get it, but that's a Loooong drive!

I can get you pictures if you want. Just sayin'.
    Yes, pictures pls. I don’t want a blind date.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am in at 5K. Honestly a bit of a lowball, but where I am at in life at the moment unfortunately. Let me know if you get that low.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay, I keep forgetting to check this forum.

I'll try to give the car a wash and get some photos this weekend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

mohammad (03-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, got the car all cleaned up. Opted to do a video walk-around rather than photos, I just think it's more detailed. (and easy to do) There are lots of deets in the video descriptions if you watch on YouTube. Please read those.

Exterior Walk-Around

Open Walk-Around

Cold Start

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-13-2023),Top_Fuel (03-12-2023)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good deal. Hope it goes to a good home.