Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shes DEAD Guys :(

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    People should look. I hope you get your car replaced.
    it had full coverage+GAP so itl get paid for, I don't think im going to buy a new car again though lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.5 mpg (US) ... 19.4 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Well, 2 things. One, if you buy new, you won't be getting a 5MT. So I can't blame you for not buying a new car. I'm 90% sure you're a 3 pedal guy.

2, I remember, friggin Michigan is a no fault state. I lived there a while. That's such a lib state insurance load of crap. Her insurance should have to pay for your car, and your insurance and record should not be effected.

Such is the way in at least the conservative states I live in / have lived. Law enforcement assigns blame, dashcam proves or disproves, insurance companies accept responsibility based on police reports, but even moreso with video proof, and guilty parties always lie that it was someone else's fault. But at least that's better than "no-fault" insurance laws. Sorry for the digression.

I hope you get a suitable replacement.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-07-2023)

Well, 2 things. One, if you buy new, you won't be getting a 5MT. So I can't blame you for not buying a new car. I'm 90% sure you're a 3 pedal guy.

2, I remember, friggin Michigan is a no fault state. I lived there a while. That's such a lib state insurance load of crap. Her insurance should have to pay for your car, and your insurance and record should not be effected.

Such is the way in at least the conservative states I live in / have lived. Law enforcement assigns blame, dashcam proves or disproves, insurance companies accept responsibility based on police reports, but even moreso with video proof, and guilty parties always lie that it was someone else's fault. But at least that's better than "no-fault" insurance laws. Sorry for the digression.

I hope you get a suitable replacement.
    I agree, Alberta now has that no-fault crap insurance. They say it all works out in the end...As for who's at fault, that's a gong show here.
    I once watched a guy pull out of a parking lot and woman drove into the side of him. If I hadn't seen what happened first hand I'd blame the guy who pulled out. The woman was hauling azz, and not paying attention. The guy was actually in the clear then the woman steered right into his drivers rear wheel, pushing the back of the truck into a parked vehicle. I was in my car having luch watching the entire thing. When I was done they asked me if I saw what happened and I told them the lady drove into the guy. She denied it and blammed the guy for pulling out right in front of her(while she was over 1/2 a block away). I pointed to her tires that were turned to the left and said it sure looked like she steered into the truck...A co-worker caught the entire thing on his dash cam and showed it to the police. Sure enough it was clear as day the lady was speeding and you could see the truck was clear of her path but she cranked the wheels right into the truck. The cops even admitted she drove right into him and she could have easily just kept on driving like a normal person and not crashed...
    I found out months later that in the end the blame was placed on the guy in the truck and insurance said he was at fault.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No-fault insurance makes rates higher on every insured. Versus making it higher on those with bad driving records. Those who suck at driving and want to live "in a village" prefer no-fault insurance because it's less expensive on them when better drivers share the increased premiums. Sure, the blame goes the wrong way occasionally (dash cams go a long way to correct that), but I'd rather have the kind of insurance that increases premiums for those that suck at driving.

However, we could do like MANY do down here in the THUNDERDOME. Just forgo having insurance, and be prepared to flee from any accident, fault or not. That does reduce insurance premiums for the uninsured. At least for a while. And they generally more than make up for it at some point (which they don't forsee).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Glad to hear you and your passenger were relatively OK.

What a terrible experience that must have been.

No-fault insurance makes rates higher on every insured. Versus making it higher on those with bad driving records. Those who suck at driving and want to live "in a village" prefer no-fault insurance because it's less expensive on them when better drivers share the increased premiums. Sure, the blame goes the wrong way occasionally (dash cams go a long way to correct that), but I'd rather have the kind of insurance that increases premiums for those that suck at driving.

However, we could do like MANY do down here in the THUNDERDOME. Just forgo having insurance, and be prepared to flee from any accident, fault or not. That does reduce insurance premiums for the uninsured. At least for a while. And they generally more than make up for it at some point (which they don't forsee).
    Running without insurance seems more common down there. How do people do it? Up here to get registration you have to provide proof of insurance. I guess you could get insurance, get plates then cancel the insurance? It's not worth it to me.

Is insurance optional down there? There is a bare minimum up here, I don't know what it is exactly but I have no worry of having another driver crash into me and have to track them down and then sue cause they're un or underinsured.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Liability insurance is required. But that means little to nothing to some people. Some people pay a relatively small deposit to start coverage, get their I.D. cards, show that to the tag office, get their plates, and never make another insurance payment. It is very common. Just watch Judge Judy, it's on nearly every episode (it just lapsed yesterday...). When you see hoopties down here with damage on the car already, it's a relatively safe bet there's no insurance associated with that hooptie. Best star far away. And make sure the "Uninsured / underinsured motorist" rider is attached to your policy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (03-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMPG View Post
    it had full coverage+GAP so itl get paid for, I don't think im going to buy a new car again though lol
    The other person's insurance should pay for everything in full. I wouldn't make too many bold claims around how you feel after the accident at this point. I would just be careful what you publicly state early on. I'm glad no one was seriously injured.

Since you have a 2022 G4 CVT, you should receive a good payment for it. If you have a large loan on the vehicle, however, you are sort of starting from square one again.

No one really comes ahead from an accident like this. I had a colleague who had an old Toyota Corolla. He was thrilled to get $3,000 in hail damage for it. He had no intention of getting it fixed. His dad always told him if a good storm is coming, back all the vehicles out of the garage. They must have owned older vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Michigan is a no-fault state Mark. MrMPG's insurance has to pay for his damage. At least, that's the way I remember it working when I lived in Michigan. But I never had a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The other person's insurance should pay for everything in full. I wouldn't make too many bold claims around how you feel after the accident at this point. I would just be careful what you publicly state early on. I'm glad no one was seriously injured.

Since you have a 2022 G4 CVT, you should receive a good payment for it. If you have a large loan on the vehicle, however, you are sort of starting from square one again.

No one really comes ahead from an accident like this. I had a colleague who had an old Toyota Corolla. He was thrilled to get $3,000 in hail damage for it. He had no intention of getting it fixed. His dad always told him if a good storm is coming, back all the vehicles out of the garage. They must have owned older vehicles.
    I had a money-making 06 grand prix years ago. I paid $2000 for it. I bought it from a guy who hit a deer with it and got paid out a thousand or so from insurance but never fixed the damaged bumper. I drove it for a year with a busted front bumper before breaking down and fixing it(a few hundred bucks). Then the car got backed into at my old work parking lot(hit and run, long story) I tracked the guy down and his insurance company cut me a cheque for $3000 to fix it(cash payout). I just bolted on a door that I got from work for free and left the small dent in the 1/4 panel. I sold the car for $2500 to my brother-in-law who then got hit by someone, totaling the car. He got paid out $4000 for the car. Best car ever!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (03-08-2023),inuvik (03-07-2023),precisionxt (03-09-2023),twister77 (03-09-2023)