Thread: Radio issues

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Radio issues

So recently a battery was pretty corroded. The radio was turning on and off at random. So we cleaned it up put it all back and still mostly the same. Had the battery checked it was it was on its way out. Replaced the battery. Ever since then the radio doesnt turn on at all. It came on and off for a little bit the day after. So as of today replaced the fuses in the yellow casing radio area. Also tried it with the yellow case removed. Still no radio. The fuses werent bad but they did appear a little blackend and burnt.
    Also all the battery terminal was cleaned up too.

Ideas and suggestions?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    So recently a battery was pretty corroded. The radio was turning on and off at random. So we cleaned it up put it all back and still mostly the same. Had the battery checked it was it was on its way out. Replaced the battery. Ever since then the radio doesnt turn on at all. It came on and off for a little bit the day after. So as of today replaced the fuses in the yellow casing radio area. Also tried it with the yellow case removed. Still no radio. The fuses werent bad but they did appear a little blackend and burnt.
    Also all the battery terminal was cleaned up too.

Ideas and suggestions?
    Try pushing the yellow fuse box in really HARD! I thought mine was fully seated at first, but it was not. I had a difficult time fitting my hand into the space to push it in hard enough. Once I discovered that, I haven't had a radio issue since.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Try pushing the yellow fuse box in really HARD! I thought mine was fully seated at first, but it was not. I had a difficult time fitting my hand into the space to push it in hard enough. Once I discovered that, I haven't had a radio issue since.
    I've tried that as i actually removed the whole bottom half to make sure i could push hard. I also completely removed the yellow housing to try giving it a better seating. No dice. Also why would those fuses simply start to become loose?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    As I understand, they don't work their way out, it's just that they don't get sufficiently poooooshed in by the dealer ... on occasion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    I've tried that as i actually removed the whole bottom half to make sure i could push hard. I also completely removed the yellow housing to try giving it a better seating. No dice. Also why would those fuses simply start to become loose?
    My understanding is they are shipped to North America pulled out, & some dealers don't push them in far enough. My radio acted up about 7 to 8 months after buying the car. Once I got the fuses pushed in all the way, the radio going on/off issue was solved. I don't think they could ever come loose once installed correctly.