Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVT Replacement

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When you replace your CVT I would strongly recommend that you add an auxiliary transmission cooler. I have 203700 miles on my stock CVT and still running strong. I spliced the auxiliary cooler into the coolant inlet line from the radiator to the transmission and change my fluid every 30k miles along with the external transmission fluid filter and oring.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fidget071577 For This Useful Post:

Mark (03-30-2023)

I'd consider an external cooler if I lived far in the southern states or live somewhere hilly where you actually need to keep the cvt from overheating. Otherwise I'd leave well enough alone and not introduce new potential leaks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I’m at 83k and having issues on my 2014. Aww man…

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I’m at 83k and having issues on my 2014. Aww man…
    Fummins is our cvt guru here. Wait to from him. If you go into a dark bathroom, look at the mirror, and say his name 3 times, he will appear to take your soul.....

Just kidding, he'll actually provide the best advice one could ask for. He's arguably one of the most experienced private mechanics that works on the JATCO CVT7 in North America. Wait for him before you do anything, try and avoid the dealer unless you still have the warranty. Best case scenario, the dealer replaces it for free. Worst case scenario would be paying $5k for a brand new one. Middle ground scenario would be outsourcing a slightly used cvt from a salvage yard for a fifth of the price of a new cvt.