Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015/18 Misc Engine and Brake Parts

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015/18 Misc Engine and Brake Parts

Cleaning out the garage, found some stuff. Make offer. (I won't be insulted by a lowball, but you have to at least make it worth my effort to find a box, pack it and ship it. Will be shipped from 34695 at your expense.

Neat stuff for anyone who's tinkering with Mirages, or has an older one that might benefit from some newer parts.

I have some engine parts from when I had to replace my engine. Engine was a 2018 replacing a 2015. They gave me pretty much everything with it, and I used most of what was on the new engine. Before scrapping the old engine (bent valves from a missed shift), I pulled parts from it. All of these parts are clean and nearly rust-free. (low mileage Florida cars)

Intake Manifold (no TB)
    Fuel Rail & Injectors
    Exhaust Manifold with pre-cat
    Hoses... heater hoses, rad hoses, probably a full set of low-mileage OE hoses
    Crankshaft Pulley
    Transmission Flex Plate
    Engine Harness - They cut it, but should have every single connector that goes to the engine.

I also bought some other parts from the donor car, and never got around to fitting them. I bought a full 2018 brake conversion. (2018 brakes are larger than 2015 brakes) They ended up giving me the front hubs because they were too lazy to disassemble the calipers from them.

Front Hubs
    Front Calipers
    Front Rotors
    Rear Backing Plates and all that's attached to them (cylinders, springs, clips, whatever)
    Rear Brake Drums

Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Proof that Mirages are reliable, I guess. Nobody's interested in parts.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    These are good parts. Somebody will want them.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Proof that Mirages are reliable, I guess. Nobody's interested in parts.
    Not quite, my 2017 is alerting me to low disc pads, I'm getting the annoying scraping sound. I also feel my rears are sub par, just a hunch I have. I've got all I need for my 2014, drums/discs pads/shoes but strangely my 2017 parts seem lost.

If you were closer, if the parts weren't so heavy, if the border was fully opened.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Not quite, my 2017 is alerting me to low disc pads, I'm getting the annoying scraping sound. I also feel my rears are sub par, just a hunch I have. I've got all I need for my 2014, drums/discs pads/shoes but strangely my 2017 parts seem lost.

If you were closer, if the parts weren't so heavy, if the border was fully opened.
    That's awesome you got 2014 brakes, they're not easy to get a hold of. They switched to the bigger brakes in 2016 IIRC?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I might be interested in the exhaust, if you'll carry it up here at no extra charge to me. OK, Ok, ok, I'd be interested in some exhaust experiments, and if I can find a reason to travel to Florida, I'll come with a pickup truck and procure it from you direct, if you still have it at that time. Because I'm guessing it would be a PITA and expensive to ship.

I used to load exhaust pipes into 33' twins (amongst thousands of other bags and boxes). Got cut on a few. Made at the Maremont (I think was the name) plant in TN.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mirage manifold is an itty bitty thing. I'd guess $20-30 to ship, but who knows? I can find a box to fit it if you want it.

Oh, btw, I have the full cat-back exhaust in the attic. Totally forgot about that. THAT would be a hassle to ship.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any chance you have good map and maf sensors?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Totally forgot about that. THAT would be a hassle to ship.
    Hence post #6.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    My in-laws (literally) live about a mile from Loren. I would love to haul all these parts back up I-75 and drop them off to you guys. But I would have to see my in-laws to do it. Normally I would take one for the team...but that's asking too much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-21-2023),Loren (03-27-2023)