Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yikes

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That sucks man. I totaled my Mirage 2 years ago. I miss that green machine.
    6 years for my 1st Mirage, Zero. In hindsight, it had the sloppy piston issue and would have needed a new engine. Still. Sad.

OP, sorry about your episode. I clipped a curb and only discovered some damage to the sidewall hubcap. Still, likely a $100 hit. And to think I used to buy used cars fit for the road for $100 back in the day. Bought a 70 383 Roadrunner for $75 in 1974. It needed a fender.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Bought a 70 383 Roadrunner for $75 in 1974. It needed a fender.
    Wally - You're killing me with these vehicles you've had. Maybe, that's why I have trouble ever letting go of a vehicle. In another 20 years, somebody is going to say, "wow! You have a 2000 Dodge Ram? Diesel? Holy cow!" Or in 30 years they'll say, "You've got a 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage! It must be worth meeeeellions!" So yeah, I better keep my fleet.

Oh, and Fummins, I forgot to mention. I live in an area where we have to do emissions testing. So if that rear sensor is not working, I cannot register the car, it must be fixed. Houston may be similar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Oh, and Fummins, I forgot to mention. I live in an area where we have to do emissions testing. So if that rear sensor is not working, I cannot register the car, it must be fixed. Houston may be similar.
    Yes it is, I don't think we have as strict emissions testing in Texas as other states but I don't think it would pass. Besides, I read somewhere else that driving without that sensor can cause damage to the cat over time, maybe that's true maybe it isn't but damn I'd rather not find out ��

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    I don't think it would effect the cat. That sensor would just be telling a lie to the ECU, which would then pester you with the check engine light ... I suppose.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alright, so total came out to $577.76 USD,

$372.78 - Lower Oxygen Sensor (including sales tax and shipping from Mitsubishi)
    $ 5.36 - Shop Supplies
    $ 62.50 - Diagnostic Labor
    $100.00 - .08 Hrs Labor
    $ 5.63 - EPA Disposal Fee
    $ 13.58 - Taxes

The original quote did not include the 50% off diagnostic fee, so the quoted total before was $640.26 USD