Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Codes galore

I've been waiting for the latest codes to be posted. Like 7milesout said, use what you got to figure out why the cel is on. Guessing doesn't work very well.
    As for led lights, the brake/tail light bulbs are the ones that will cause problems. Even if one or both brake lights are oem non-led but are burnt out they can cause problems, usually abs and brake warning lights and sometimes cause no throttle fun times.

As for popping through the exhaust, that is odd. Did it do this right only on first startup after it was flooded?

Starting from the beginning... Did you pull the spark plugs out when it was initially flooded?

ObdII port is loose and wobbly. It's fine. That won't make it run like pooh. Check for codes without the engine running. The abs and trac lights come on when I use my scanner and start the car. I don't remember if they come on with the engine off/key on? Nothing to loose sleep over but I probably wouldn't drive around with your device plugged in but checking codes is fine.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Bovice - You've done a couple things that make sense. Maybe more. I'm sure you've done things you haven't mentioned on here. But here's my takeaway on the situation.

You're odb-II connector thingie. I've got 2 of these myself. Something like ELM 327. One that I have never causes an issue with my car even when I just leave it in there all the time. The other will cause some weird lights on the dash, trac control maybe if I leave it in. But here's the thing. I wouldn't resist plugging it in and using it for checking and clearing codes. Just pull it back out when you're done. You mentioned taking back out the LEDs. Sounds like you were talking about LEDs in the front because you said you can't see good at night. But maybe it was on the inside. Either way, any bulbs you've replaced with bulbs of a different type, for whatever reason, tends to make the car start having gremlins. Mainly lights on the dash and weird codes. Other guys can explain this much better. But if you've "upgraded" brake lights for example, downgrade them back to the original type of bulb.

So I think 3 things: 1. Replace all "upgraded" bulbs, interior and exterior with original type. 2. Clear your codes, remove your gadget. 3. Use your car and see what codes might come back.

The exhaust pipe popping thing is a bit weird, but when a car cranks up cold, I'm sure it's running some kind of programmed choke cycle. And when doing that, the AFR will be rich. And the result is, some raw fuel will be pushed into the exhaust. Once that raw fuel just happens to start mixing with just the right amount of air, if there's a hot spot in the vicinity, why yes, it will burn. So I'm not so worried about that popping. Follow the 1, 2 and 3 above, and I think you're being just a touch overly concerned about your car. They're tougher than you think.
    Comments like this is why this is the best car forum on the web. Try getting help like this on a Versa forum lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

7milesout (03-20-2023)