Thread: Weathertech trim to fit floor liners

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Weathertech trim to fit floor liners

When I discovered the weathertech laser cut liners had updated their fitments to include the 2023 Mirage, I jumped on those. Then immediately felt bad about it (such a huge expense- I've used weathertech before- they are awesome- but I had big time buyer's remorse).

I was at Target a couple hours later and saw these in stock:

https://www.weathertech.com/trim-to-fit-floor-mat/

Hey, still weathertech, but 50 bucks instead of hundreds! I liked that they had more potential coverage than the cheap michelin floor mats and similar brands. I knew they wouldn't be as good, but I thought they would get the job done. So I immediately emailed weathertech to cancel my order for the laser cut mats and bought these. This is how it turned out:

Name:  interior.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  92.6 KB

The driver's side was the trickiest. That took a lot of careful cutting to get it to fit. It isn't perfect (you can see in the upper left that you can't quite get a perfect fit in that spot), but I'm happy with the result, more coverage than the stock floor mats.

Regarding the hooks that held the previous mat in place: It *seems* like those can be removed, they are just plastic, but I didn't want to accidentally break them off. Anyone remove these? It is a "twist to remove" or some other thing? I know they are there to prevent the mat from sliding around and knocking off some drain tube, but when I looked carefully around the pedals, I didn't see much that the mat could hit (plus these flat rubber mats do not slide much at all).

The passenger front mat only required trimming the bottom edge up to the bowl section of the mat, very easy. Super happy with the coverage there, as honestly the passengers in my car will most likely be teenagers so the increased coverage is valuable! The back seat mats required no trimming at all. I could have trimmed them a little to get a nicer fit, but the material is very flexible so you can't really see much unattractive bulging, and I'd rather err on the side of more coverage.

No chemical smell at all, as you sometimes get with cheap rubber floor mats.

Also: I tried the universal fit cargo liner as Target had that available also. WAY TOO BIG. Even if you trim *everything* from it, it will NOT fit. I could see that the moment I took it out of the box, so that's going to get returned. I don't care quite as much about the cargo liner anyway, I'm mostly concerned about the passenger and driver seat floors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohoGames For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-19-2023),Fummins (03-20-2023)