Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Ten Days Review: 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage BE edition

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post

Taller female drivers (5'10" or taller). My wife (5'11") was in the backseat of the mirage on my test drive and was perfectly comfortable. However, she did not herself drive or sit in the driver's seat during the sales process as the car would be driven 99% of the time by me.

I had plenty of headroom at 6'1" in height, so I figured she would be ok. Well yesterday she had to drive the mirage for the first time, and nope, her head was touching the roof no matter what she did with the seat controls. She was definitely uncomfortable.

The reason I think is a combination of posture (I am a "lay back a bit in the seat" type, wife is more of a "sit up perfectly straight" type) and female and male body types. The curves just work different and therefore you sit different. Not a big deal to us since she'll only have to use the mirage in very rare instances, but probably something to look out for in general.
    Doesn't the BE trim have the seat base height adjustment knob?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Cruise control & 6-way adjustable driver's seat become standard for all trim levels in 2019.

I'm about 6', & I sit very upright in my 2017 Mirage ES (no height adjustment) without issue. I still have a full head of hair, too!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It does indeed as Mark said.

And yeah, I suspect us guys have no trouble even up to 6'2". Women are different.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Did you twist the knob to make sure the seat sunk to its lowest setting? Even sitting at a 90° angle my head wouldn't touch the ceiling and I'm 6'1".