Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    @OP,

Consider this one? Looks legit to me.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/5...ff=share_other
    I've seen a couple yeller ones out in their natural habitat. They look dang near as good (to me) in real life, as they do in the sales brochures and online pictures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post
    Re: automatic climate controls. This is an area where I am glad I am ignorant. I just.... set the temp I want, and it achieves it!? Seems to work the way I'd expect!? I totally get that once you are an expert in a particular area, you notice all kinds of nuances, many of which probably seem obvious. But thankfully I'm a dummy in this area, so Imma just gonna continue to think "neat, I have automatic climate control!" lol
    When you set it for your temperature, do you let it keep the A/C on? I'm guessing that you do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post
    Re: automatic climate controls. This is an area where I am glad I am ignorant. I just.... set the temp I want, and it achieves it!? Seems to work the way I'd expect!? I totally get that once you are an expert in a particular area, you notice all kinds of nuances, many of which probably seem obvious. But thankfully I'm a dummy in this area, so Imma just gonna continue to think "neat, I have automatic climate control!" lol
    Auto climate controls are standard for all 2014, 2015, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 Mirage trim levels. A 2017-19 ES or LE would have manual climate controls with A/C. It shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone (either way) in my opinion. I say enjoy what you have, too!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I've seen a couple yeller ones out in their natural habitat. They look dang near as good (to me) in real life, as they do in the sales brochures and online pictures.
    If that actually was a yeller with a stick, I would have already put a deposit on it and would be booking a flight to NY...

It's black. No yellers with a stick ever produced for sale in the US that I can tell grrrr
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    If that actually was a yeller with a stick, I would have already put a deposit on it and would be booking a flight to NY...

It's black. No yellers with a stick ever produced for sale in the US that I can tell grrrr
    White Bear delivered a 2021 yellow stick to North Carolina for $10,400 OTD & delivered. Erik bought one for his wife. See below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKrYAVx9eQ&t=2s

My guess is Erik qualified for the loyalty rebate, because this was their 2nd Mirage. He may have also received the military rebate to get that OTD price, too.

The issue is they started dropping colors for manuals in 2022, and dropped the manual completely in 2023. So a yellow manual would be a 2021 thing only.

Personally, I liked the previous orange that the yellow replaced better.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-24-2023 at 09:06 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-25-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    @ rohoGames, sorta... I'll tell you what I have figured out about the auto climate controls.. If you set an auto temp, the fan will run to achieve the desired temp, then slow down & speed up to maintain it. The issue is, if it's Ottawa Valley cold out, it won't keep the windows clear as the fan slows down & doesn't keep a lot of fresh / warm air coming into the cabin. If you select a fan speed or temp or select the AUTO off (the AUTO mark will disappear) it will be the same as a manual HVAC, just with buttons instead of dials & the temp displayed on the screen isn't the temp, just where the blend door is commanded. This way you can keep lots of fresh air coming into the cabin with the fan running fast & adjust the temp by bumping the temp display up or down, just the same as you would turning a dial to adjust the temp... This is my findings from -35C Ottawa Valley morning drives to work... , just my thoughts, & make sure you don't have it in "recirc" mode.. YMMV
    Last edited by klroger; 03-25-2023 at 01:19 AM.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3 pedals...

Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    I love driving manual, I have a manual Camaro already so Idk if I want another one to drive just about every day,
    In case it hasn't been said, the clutch in a Mirage probably has the LIGHTEST pedal effort of any car out there. It's ridiculously easy to drive. So I always advise people who are considering getting a Mirage as a commuter car not to rule out 3 pedals. (If you can find one.)

The clutch effort compared to your Camaro would make you laugh out loud.

Good luck on your search!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-25-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    White Bear delivered a 2021 yellow stick to North Carolina for $10,400 OTD & delivered. Erik bought one for his wife. See below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKrYAVx9eQ&t=2s

My guess is Erik qualified for the loyalty rebate, because this was their 2nd Mirage. He may have also received the military rebate to get that OTD price, too.

The issue is they started dropping colors for manuals in 2022, and dropped the manual completely in 2023. So a yellow manual would be a 2021 thing only.

Personally, I liked the previous orange that the yellow replaced better.
    Yeah it was the yellow with the plaid cloth you couldn't get here with a stick
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    Hi, new here,
    I am considering the purchase of a 2021 Mirage SE, it already has 130k miles on it. Price is around 10k. What is your seasoned opinion on purchasing with this mileage? What are some things I can check for before purchase?

Thanks so much in advance!

Angie
    No. That is a terrible deal. You can easily find a used Mirage under 40k miles for $11k. $11k for a 130k mile vehicle is outrageous, unless its a RAV4 or some other beat to hell Toyota.

Name:  Screenshot_20230324_231019_CARFAX.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  96.7 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-25-2023)

2015 with 5k miles

Nice find, Dirk!

How about this 2015 with 8k km / 5000 miles on it ...

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2023-03-25_105936_www.facebook.com.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  99.9 KB

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4-499184921264

$12.5k CAD = $9065 USD.

Ottawa, Ontario may be too far away, though. Sorry!

I've been looking at that ad for a month waiting for an appropriate thread to post it in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)