Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 purchase with high mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess OP has moved on to other cars. I still see the 21 SE CVT w/ 130k miles being for sale. Gotta wonder why the seller believe they truly could get that much asking price.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    I guess OP has moved on to other cars. I still see the 21 SE CVT w/ 130k miles being for sale. Gotta wonder why the seller believe they truly could get that much asking price.
    nope, snagged this '21 with 35k miles on Saturday. I looked at the transmission fluid, and it looks a healthy translucent green to me.... probably hasn't been changed, but I don't know because service history doesn't show it

Name:  21 Mirage.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  96.7 KB

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardengurl71 For This Useful Post:

daleWV (04-06-2023),Fummins (04-04-2023),inuvik (04-04-2023),MetroMPG (04-04-2023),Top_Fuel (04-04-2023)

Congrats!!

How do you like it so far?

Care to share transaction details? If not, no problemo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Congrats!!

How do you like it so far?

Care to share transaction details? If not, no problemo.

I got it for 14k from a dealer in north AL, I had them drive it 3 hours to meet me...
    I do like it, I got up to 50mpg on the way home from work yesterday...

this is what crazy dealer in FL tried to charge me for a new one

Name:  Capture21.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  16.1 KB

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardengurl71 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-04-2023),MetroMPG (04-05-2023),Top_Fuel (04-04-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    ...this is what crazy dealer in FL tried to charge me for a new one
    Sounds pretty typical for a Florida dealer unfortunately. The good news is that you didn't go for it.

Name:  fees.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  10.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Sounds pretty typical for a Florida dealer unfortunately. The good news is that you didn't go for it.

Name:  fees.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  10.5 KB
    yea I would NEVER agree to this hahaha

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    I have considered this but I want the SE trim, and when all is said and done, I'm probably looking at a $20k car, that will lose $4k in value when I drive it off the lot.
    It'd be more like $1500 to $2k and also since the manufacturering slowdown Mitsubishi resale value has strengthen alot. Case in point, my wife's 2017 G4 Mirage was bought used for $10k in 2019. It had a replaced engine that we knew nothing about and the job was done poorly causing us a lot of electrical issues so we sold it to CarMax last year with an additional 30k miles on it for $10k miles. She effectively got to drive for it free for the years she had it.

If you're driving 28k miles a year, you'll be lucky to get 3 years out of it as the going avg around here is about 200k miles for a CVT Mirage and 250k for a 5speed Mirage, roughly, before powertrain failure ending the car's life span.

The SE trim is nice but besides the proximity key, foglights, 15" alloys, fake leather steering wheel and push button start, its still an economy car. A base Mirage comes STACKED for the base trim too. You'll still have all the new safety tech, cruise control, Android auto/Apple CarPlay, power windows/locks, key fob, Bluetooth, Google voice command, and the same nice 7" Alpine touchscreen you'd find in the SE trim. A lot dealers have started adding the center console arm rest storage bin too to the base ES model, mine did. The SE doesn't come with that but instead just a $hitty armrest with no storage.

If you're concerned about the looks of steel wheels you can do what I did, go online to salvage yards, find a totaled out Mirage with alloys (there's a bunch) and pay $160 for all 4, like I did, and pay $100 to have them mounted and balanced. Original new Mitsubishi alloys will cost you $700 for 4, a total rip off. You can also go the aftermarket alloy route too. These fit fine with minimal mpg loss, no tire rub, and look great.

https://www.discounttire.com/cart

If financing a new Mirage isn't in your budget (it'll be around $18k total price) at least find an under 50k mile used Mirage close to $10k not one at 130k miles. That price is bull$hit.

Name:  Screenshot_20230405_074959_CARFAX.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  93.0 KB
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 04-05-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Attachment 25009

These Vision Cross wheels (14" x 5.5") costed me $400 for everything including installation on my old 2014 Mirage.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    And lastly bring a man with you with experience buying cars. These sleazy dealers spot a female on the lot and it's like a pack of Mako sharks smelling blood in the water. They will relentlessly raw-dawg your negotiations. Not to be a misogynistic jerk, but just trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    And lastly bring a man with you with experience buying cars. These sleazy dealers spot a female on the lot and it's like a pack of Mako sharks smelling blood in the water. They will relentlessly raw-dawg your negotiations. Not to be a misogynistic jerk, but just trust me.
    She already bought a Mirage Dirk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)