Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 purchase with high mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post
    I totally get why you'd be interested in the SE trim. The push button and heated seats are great features. I'd be really hesitant to go that high in mileage though. Looking at Cars.com, I think you might find better deals that seem to fit your budget if you allow for 2018-2020 models- seeing plenty of cars in the SE trim with only 40-60k miles on them with clean 1 owner carfax reports.

I do note that the SE trim in those older years doesn't include heated seats- but heated seats and be done at a local pro auto detailer, usually for about 250 a seat at least here in Indiana. So you can actually add in some of the SE type features aftermarket and still end up ahead, so maybe give the ES or LE trims a look! Good luck on your search!
    hey thanks, yea, I'm not interested in the heated seats, I just thought the SE looks more sporty and can have nicer looking seats. I want the fog lights, but I suppose I could have those added on easily enough....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    hey thanks, yea, I'm not interested in the heated seats, I just thought the SE looks more sporty and can have nicer looking seats. I want the fog lights, but I suppose I could have those added on easily enough....
    Have you thought about a G4 instead of the hatchback? The G4 has a lot of rear passenger leg room if you ever haul anyone around. Since your commute is 120 miles a day I'm assuming it's mostly freeway miles? If so the G4 is more stable than the hatchback at higher speeds. There are a few members that have a G4 and a hatchback Mirage (Dirk I'm thinking of you) that could give the pro's and con's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Have you thought about a G4 instead of the hatchback? The G4 has a lot of rear passenger leg room if you ever haul anyone around. Since your commute is 120 miles a day I'm assuming it's mostly freeway miles? If so the G4 is more stable than the hatchback at higher speeds. There are a few members that have a G4 and a hatchback Mirage (Dirk I'm thinking of you) that could give the pro's and con's.

it's just me using the car, I wouldn't ever need to use the back seats for anyone... yea it's mostly state highway travel and county roads.. the one I rented was a 2021 hatchback and I thought it did great on the interstate

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    So Angie, you're from L.A. huh? I lived in Lower Alabama too, still got the 334 area code to prove it!

I don't do this often, but I'm going to go ahead and say that, I think I'd take the plunge and buy a new one, if you can afford it at all. The warranty is just too great.

However, let me backpedal a little. I'm going to have to go ahead and say that 100k miles on the one you're interested in, in my mind ... is not all that scary. Because it was seemingly thrown on there quickly. Which seemingly means it spent a lot of time rollin' out on the interstate. And that's best case, yet paired with a bunch of seemingly.

The concern about not having maintenance records also doesn't bother me so much either. Because, when mine goes up for sell, it will have been kept in meticulous condition. But I don't take my vehicles to the dealer unless a) they're experiencing an issue that will be covered by warranty, or b) wait ... there's no b). I track my maintenance in my phone / fuelly. That's not going to show up on the whatever fox. Fax fox. I forget what it is.

But, that $10k for that many miles I just can't stomach that. I suggest you go into a dealer, po' mouthing them and belly aching about their new Mirages are too expensive (while sitting at a dealer's chair crunching numbers). Make sure he gets your contact info. Then belly ache some more about, "I didn't know a new one would be THIS expensive..." and stand up and (prepare to) go home. Or, insert any technique you prefer. Then go home. They will call you back and sweeten the offer some how.

Or, what am I saying ... better yet, call White Bear! PM Mark (in these forums) about how White Bear delivered to him, I think he said at no extra cost. I don't think you're going to get a cheaper deal anywhere. You could go to a closer dealer, waste time with them, listen to a bunch of lies AND pay more. Or just call White Bear. My $0.02. But I'm ...

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    So Angie, you're from L.A. huh? I lived in Lower Alabama too, still got the 334 area code to prove it!

I don't do this often, but I'm going to go ahead and say that, I think I'd take the plunge and buy a new one, if you can afford it at all. The warranty is just too great.

However, let me backpedal a little. I'm going to have to go ahead and say that 100k miles on the one you're interested in, in my mind ... is not all that scary. Because it was seemingly thrown on there quickly. Which seemingly means it spent a lot of time rollin' out on the interstate. And that's best case, yet paired with a bunch of seemingly.

The concern about not having maintenance records also doesn't bother me so much either. Because, when mine goes up for sell, it will have been kept in meticulous condition. But I don't take my vehicles to the dealer unless a) they're experiencing an issue that will be covered by warranty, or b) wait ... there's no b). I track my maintenance in my phone / fuelly. That's not going to show up on the whatever fox. Fax fox. I forget what it is.

But, that $10k for that many miles I just can't stomach that. I suggest you go into a dealer, po' mouthing them and belly aching about their new Mirages are too expensive (while sitting at a dealer's chair crunching numbers). Make sure he gets your contact info. Then belly ache some more about, "I didn't know a new one would be THIS expensive..." and stand up and (prepare to) go home. Or, insert any technique you prefer. Then go home. They will call you back and sweeten the offer some how.

Or, what am I saying ... better yet, call White Bear! PM Mark (in these forums) about how White Bear delivered to him, I think he said at no extra cost. I don't think you're going to get a cheaper deal anywhere. You could go to a closer dealer, waste time with them, listen to a bunch of lies AND pay more. Or just call White Bear. My $0.02. But I'm ...

7milesout

HA! too funny, yes 40 miles from FL line..... I agree with you on your points.... who is White Bear ???

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm thinking of looking at this one, the dealer has had it at a shop repairing the front end. What do ya'll think??

https://www.crestviewbuickgmc.com/in...a3hj8lh004858/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I'm in agreement with 7milesout on this one. Buying new may be beyond what your were willing to spend but considering you're driving roughly 36000 miles a year commuting the risk of spending $11k and then having the CVT give you issues and replacement CVT's are very expensive unless you source one out of a wrecking yard and then you don't know if the replacement is going to last 1 week, 1 month etc.... If you were only using it to run errands stay local maybe, but since you are commuting roughly 2+ hrs a day you don't want to get stranded a long ways from home. That's my $.02

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    www.whitebearmitsubishi.com

Then find a local Instant Oil Change place for ... oil changes. And a local Wal-Mart or Discount Tire for tars and you're in bidness, don't need no dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    HA! too funny, yes 40 miles from FL line..... I agree with you on your points.... who is White Bear ???
    I think the great deals at White Bear Mitsubishi in Minnesota are long gone now.

Just as a reference point, however, you could have bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for $10,999 as recently as April of 2021. A CVT would have probably added $1,200 to the price. And those White Bear prices were before any rebates were applied. Sadly, those deals are gone today.

I have a 2017 Mirage ES manual in my driveway because White Bear was selling brand new ones for under $10,000 OTD. When I told them I didn't have time to drive to Minnesota, they delivered my Mirage to my driveway (4-hours from them). At that point, I couldn't say no any more. We did the paperwork for my new car on my kitchen table.

White Bear is an awesome dealership in my opinion, but I don't think they can work in any miracles with today's economy.

My Mirage shopping advice would be - Do be stuck on it being a year or two old. I would focus on 2019+ models if you value factory cruise control (which given your daily drive you might). Cruise control became standard for all trim levels in 2019. I would rather own a lower mileage 2019 than a newer 2021 with super high mileage. If it is an upper trim level, I wouldn't rule out the 2017-18 either. They would also have cruise control. All Mirages regardless of trim level have basic good features like A/C, power windows, remote entry, etc.....

I'd rather buy from a private party that can verify maintenance was done versus CarMax of someone else flipping rental or leased cars to make money.

Overall, cars are just more expensive than they were just a couple years ago. It's just the way it is. None of us can change that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm thinking of looking at this one, the dealer has had it at a shop repairing the front end. What do ya'll think??

https://www.crestviewbuickgmc.com/in...a3hj8lh004858/
    NO... good gracious gurl you are gonna give us all heart attacks. Buy a new one... the interest rate will be better and I bet the payment will be no different or maybe even less.

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)