Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 purchase with high mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2021 purchase with high mileage

Hi, new here,
    I am considering the purchase of a 2021 Mirage SE, it already has 130k miles on it. Price is around 10k. What is your seasoned opinion on purchasing with this mileage? What are some things I can check for before purchase?

Thanks so much in advance!

Angie

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    Hi, new here,
    I am considering the purchase of a 2021 Mirage SE, it already has 130k miles on it. Price is around 10k. What is your seasoned opinion on purchasing with this mileage? What are some things I can check for before purchase?

Thanks so much in advance!

Angie
    You’re talking about this car I assumed.

Used 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage SE for $10995 on Autotrader http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/283443DE

1 previous owner. Minor damage. Warranty expired. $11k and extra OTD.

Depends on what would you do with the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    hi, yes, this is the car. My work commute is 120 miles round trip 5 days a week, and this is why I am looking for a Mirage. I rented one recently and drove it 800 miles round trip. I liked driving it and got great gas mileage. I noticed this Carfax doesn't have a lot of service history listed though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    hi, yes, this is the car. My work commute is 120 miles round trip 5 days a week, and this is why I am looking for a Mirage. I rented one recently and drove it 800 miles round trip. I liked driving it and got great gas mileage. I noticed this Carfax doesn't have a lot of service history listed though.
    I would steer clear because the vehicle probably hasn't had any CVT service since new and with 130k miles with no service records I'd be very wary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    interesting, ok thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I would steer clear because the vehicle probably hasn't had any CVT service since new and with 130k miles with no service records I'd be very wary.
    I had the same thought when reading this thread.

That's a lot of miles in a very short time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    interesting, ok thanks
    You can always take it to the independent mechanic for pre buyer inspection. Wouldn’t hurt to do so if you really want it. Significantly cheaper than having a remorse after purchase.

In the end of the day, it a used car with unknown history of maintenance and care. Hard to say from looking at it online. I’m no mechanic either. Accident was minor reportedly.

If I would to buy any used car it better has an extensive record of completed maintenance interval, came from an original or 2nd owner(s) who factually took care of it. This doesn’t appear to be the case despite the appealing price point of the 2 year old car…at the expense of expired warranties. It a gamble. Just my takes here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would bite the bullet and spend a few grand more and get a brand new one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigMW For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-05-2023),twister77 (03-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    You can always take it to the independent mechanic for pre buyer inspection. Wouldn’t hurt to do so if you really want it. Significantly cheaper than having a remorse after purchase.

In the end of the day, it a used car with unknown history of maintenance and care. Hard to say from looking at it online. I’m no mechanic either. Accident was minor reportedly.

If I would to buy any used car it better has an extensive record of completed maintenance interval, came from an original or 2nd owner(s) who factually took care of it. This doesn’t appear to be the case despite the appealing price point of the 2 year old car…at the expense of expired warranties. It a gamble. Just my takes here.

Thank you for all the info, I'm trying to find out if additional service records can be obtained or not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    I would bite the bullet and spend a few grand more and get a brand new one.

I have considered this but I want the SE trim, and when all is said and done, I'm probably looking at a $20k car, that will lose $4k in value when I drive it off the lot.