Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 purchase with high mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    www.whitebearmitsubishi.com

Then find a local Instant Oil Change place for ... oil changes. And a local Wal-Mart or Discount Tire for tars and you're in bidness, don't need no dealer.
    Ok, they are in Minnesota? how is a girl south Alabama going to buy in Minnesota lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    Ok, they are in Minnesota? how is a girl south Alabama going to buy in Minnesota lol
    A guy from North Carolina bought a brand new 2021 Yellow Mirage ES manual for his wife, & he paid $10,400 OTD. That price included White Bear delivering the car to his home in North Carolina. $10,400 included everything!

Sadly, those types of deals are gone! I am not making this up, however. Here's the car Erik bought his wife -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKrYAVx9eQ

We have a California forum member who bought one from White Bear.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-23-2023 at 11:34 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    There are a few deals still around. Granted this is not a Mirage but a Outlander Sport. I purchased my OS from this dealer and they are legit with no games. The price listed is the price. This is a leftover brand new 2022 FWD, not AWD which you don't need in Alabama. These days price cuts are few and far between. Lots of features for $22k. Don't pay more than MSRP for any vehicle.

https://www.leskovar.com/new/Mitsubi...b3d1d6a1d.htm#

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    If you can find a new Mirage in this market for any significant amount under MSRP, it's probably a decent deal. White Bear no longer lists their "best deal" price on their website like they did for years. Now they do the "fill out this form and we'll send you our best price" game.

It looks like the cheapest new Mirages out there are in the $16-$17K range now.

If the choice was as simple as the one below, the new one is a no-brainer...

Name:  buy_new.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  99.5 KB

^^^ I'm not even sure how legit that $16K price is. It's a dealer in Florida...where they tend to have the worst markups and doc fees.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Basic (03-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    These cars are really pretty much the same from 2014-up. Sure, they changed the bumper covers, made some improvements here and there, and added some tech. But everything else is the same.

This being said, maybe go with a car that's a little older with much lower miles?

Around here, $11,000 gets you a '17-'18 with about 70k miles. A '14-'15 with these miles is $8,000-$9,000.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    These cars are really pretty much the same from 2014-up. Sure, they changed the bumper covers, made some improvements here and there, and added some tech. But everything else is the same.

This being said, maybe go with a car that's a little older with much lower miles?

Around here, $11,000 gets you a '17-'18 with about 70k miles. A '14-'15 with these miles is $8,000-$9,000.
    Hi thank you, I'm not against this at all, but the choices within a reasonable driving distance from me are slim.... I would like the warranty still in force on one tho...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you can find a new Mirage in this market for any significant amount under MSRP, it's probably a decent deal. White Bear no longer lists their "best deal" price on their website like they did for years. Now they do the "fill out this form and we'll send you our best price" game.

It looks like the cheapest new Mirages out there are in the $16-$17K range now.

If the choice was as simple as the one below, the new one is a no-brainer...

Name:  buy_new.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  99.5 KB

^^^ I'm not even sure how legit that $16K price is. It's a dealer in Florida...where they tend to have the worst markups and doc fees.
    yes, FL likes to add their outrageous fees......

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think the great deals at White Bear Mitsubishi in Minnesota are long gone now.
    Whilst I agree that the great deals are all gone now, I still think the best deals without a bunch of drama, hollywood awards level acting, and lies are still conducted at White Bear. And heck, I love a good road trip.

However, Mark makes an excellent point. With enough patience, you could make us all jelly. You could find the ultimate Mirage. The ultimate Mirage is a 2019 ES, with manual climate controls. With a manual transmission. But if 3 pedals is not your game, we'll all be envious of a 2 pedal (CVT) model 2019 ES with manual climate controls. It comes with cruise control, and all the power crap you'd want. And none of the fru-fru that's not needed.

I guess we'd allow that ... and let you stay here and hang out with us too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,028 Posts
    OMG! A blue G4 with manual climate controls! But in Houston, so road trip. Not a great way to buy a used car ... from a used car dealer ... poooooh.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/7...-5fd1401e6569/

$7,595!!!!

It turns out, that when a car comes off the line and all departments report all build reports are nominal, and zero quality issues, they send it back for racecar kit parts, engine upgrades, then send it off to have it painted blue. Which makes the blue ones racecars.
    Last edited by 7milesout; 03-24-2023 at 02:00 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Whilst I agree that the great deals are all gone now, I still think the best deals without a bunch of drama, hollywood awards level acting, and lies are still conducted at White Bear. And heck, I love a good road trip.

However, Mark makes an excellent point. With enough patience, you could make us all jelly. You could find the ultimate Mirage. The ultimate Mirage is a 2019 ES, with manual climate controls. With a manual transmission. But if 3 pedals is not your game, we'll all be envious of a 2 pedal (CVT) model 2019 ES with manual climate controls. It comes with cruise control, and all the power crap you'd want. And none of the fru-fru that's not needed.

I guess we'd allow that ... and let you stay here and hang out with us too.
    hahaha! I appreciate the hospitality lol
    I love driving manual, I have a manual Camaro already so Idk if I want another one to drive just about every day, I would consider it if the right deal came along. So what makes the '19 stand out? and what is the deal with "manual climate controls" ??