Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 purchase with high mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gardengurl71 View Post
    So what makes the '19 stand out? and what is the deal with "manual climate controls" ??
    2019 is the last year that manual climate control was available. And with an ES, it comes standard with cruise control, power windows, and probably the same touch screen as mine, which I think is better than decent. The automatic climate control is just stupid logic and annoying.

I worked at the Hyundai plant 'up in the Gump' for many years. Part of my responsibility was the TFT Team Leader for "Design & Controls." Which covered everything a person could put their fingers on from the driver's seat. We investigated tons of competitors. The automatic climate control, while it gets the job done, would have had the lowest ratings of all the hvacs I ever investigated. While the manual climate control would have been near the top.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A 3 Pedal, slap shifting, 2019 RACECAR (blue).

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/6...-2dd7a4094cde/

It's beyond me, but the hatchbacks command a premium. While I like my HB, I think the G4's are mo' perdier.

The G4's also seem to be more available. Maybe my eyes are wrong and people are wanting to get rid of their ugly G4's? I don't get it.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    A 3 Pedal, slap shifting, 2019 RACECAR (blue).

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/6...-2dd7a4094cde/

It's beyond me, but the hatchbacks command a premium. While I like my HB, I think the G4's are mo' perdier.

The G4's also seem to be more available. Maybe my eyes are wrong and people are wanting to get rid of their ugly G4's? I don't get it.

7milesout
    I like the look of the hatchback and just don't want the typical looking 4door car.... I don't see many of these cars around my area..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's true. I don't see many of them in the wild around my house either. Every homeowner around me is bringing home their new Tata model 9x++, Infiniti QX80s, Porsche Caymans, BMW X5s ... and here I am with my $11,400 Mirage.

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of my HB too. But I'm a coupe and sedan man. I just wanted to try a HB on for size. No regrets, but I do think the G4 looks mo' bettuh. And I'm a little jealous of defensivetackle88.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's true. I don't see many of them in the wild around my house either. Every homeowner around me is bringing home their new Tata model 9x++, Infiniti QX80s, Porsche Caymans, BMW X5s ... and here I am with my $11,400 Mirage.

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of my HB too. But I'm a coupe and sedan man. I just wanted to try a HB on for size. No regrets, but I do think the G4 look mo' bettuh.
    no thank you on the high-priced vehicles.... I personally don't see any reason to put that much money into one.. I'm very frugal on most everything ... I like coupes... I don't have children so I'm not hauling anyone around besides myself

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    How about this one in Gainesville? It looks like an honest car and it's reasonably close to you.

Name:  2015_ES.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  91.7 KB

LINK

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    How about this one in Gainesville? It looks like an honest car and it's reasonably close to you.

Name:  2015_ES.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  91.7 KB

LINK

thanks for showing me this, I'll have to look into it

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of my HB too. But I'm a coupe and sedan man. I just wanted to try a HB on for size. No regrets, but I do think the G4 looks mo' bettuh. And I'm a little jealous of defensivetackle88.
    7 miles out, I hear you.

From time to time, I do wish for a hatchback mirage with a manual and a push button start as my fun utilitarian toy car. My G4 is a family hauler.

Auto climate control don’t really bother me as much as I thought it would. The manual climate control is admittedly nice however. Maybe I’ll search for a 3rd gen Honda fit or Matrix XRS 6 speed instead.

I don’t mind the Mirage CVT variant but I drive though the hill daily.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @OP,

Consider this one? Looks legit to me.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/5...ff=share_other

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Re: automatic climate controls. This is an area where I am glad I am ignorant. I just.... set the temp I want, and it achieves it!? Seems to work the way I'd expect!? I totally get that once you are an expert in a particular area, you notice all kinds of nuances, many of which probably seem obvious. But thankfully I'm a dummy in this area, so Imma just gonna continue to think "neat, I have automatic climate control!" lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)