Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scratch in interior's cheap plastic :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just adding to Fummins' response -

"What is a UTV?

Utility Terrain Vehicles, or UTVs, are built and used more for work than recreation. They are large, powerful, able to seat passengers side by side, and built with lots of storage space. They're commonly used to haul equipment and supplies in locations that make using a truck impractical or impossible."

They are quite popular in Wisconsin. I would say our local Honda/Kawasaski/Yamaha/Suzuki/Cam-Am dealership has more UTV inventory than the GM dealership & Ford/Chrysler Dealership have vehicles in town.

They have become more road legal in recent years, too. Registration is required (renewed every 2 years), and a plate # needs to be displayed on the back. I call them a "poor man's convertible", but they aren't really cheap. Most would be priced higher than what I paid for my Mirage brand new these days.

My Mule is my small pickup truck, & it works really hard sometimes. I can't get a pickup truck down into my property. If I am hauling firewood out, it's coming out with the Mule. I add sides when I haul firewood so I don't lose my load coming up the steep trails back to my house. My tailgate is always down to increase the box size. I'm sure I am way overloaded most of the time, but these machines just climb like a loaded mule!

I once shared I used a Mule to haul out firewood to a lady cutting my hair. I could tell by the funny look on her face she was thinking donkey/horse cross!

My Mule was also my dog bed for my English Setter. I really miss that guy! If I could change a few things in life, one of the first things I would change is the lifespan of dogs!!!!

I can live life without a pickup truck, but I would be lost without my 2006 Kawasaki Mule!
    You still had room for more! This is my friends chinese side by side lol He heats his house with just a wood stove Attachment 24975

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    My tailgate is always down to increase the box size.
    And you get better mpg with your tailgate down!

If I could change a few things in life, one of the first things I would change is the lifespan of dogs!!!!
    I agree 100%.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You still had room for more! This is my friends chinese side by side lol He heats his house with just a wood stove Attachment 24975
    I've actually done the loaded seat next to me at times, too! It helps keep the front end down when going up hill! They are amazing work machines! ATVs are fun, but UTVs really get stuff done!

My neighbor has a Chinese UTV. It's labeled a Cub Cadet, but it's really Hisun Motor Corporation machine from China.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-02-2023),Fummins (03-30-2023)

Yeah, that what buddies is. It's a Hisun 700. He said it was cloned from a Yamaha Rhino 660. I didn't really believe him until by chance some people that were camping with us brought a friend of theirs that had a Rhino. They were identical except for the gauge cluter, headlights and some other little tweaks. It's like the Kia of side by sides lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Yeah, that what buddies is. It's a Hisun 700. He said it was cloned from a Yamaha Rhino 660. I didn't really believe him until by chance some people that were camping with us brought a friend of theirs that had a Rhino. They were identical except for the gauge cluter, headlights and some other little tweaks. It's like the Kia of side by sides lol.
    My neighbor is pretty mechanically inclined. His UTV had a blown head gasket when he bought it cheap. He has a full cab, & he uses it to plow snow, too. He's good at keeping things running. His V8 Dodge Dakota has made it past 500,000 miles, & he still uses a Dodge Neon as his daily driver.

My Mule is only 400cc, & it's not very fast. In low range it will climb. I've had it for 17 years. Oil/filter changes, few duct taped fenders, and maybe a spark plug or two have been about it for maintenance. Some of my trails are narrow with drop offs along the side. A few of my bridges across small creeks are narrow, and this machine just barely fits on my 4' x 8' trailer. If I bought bigger machines some day, I would need wider bridges, probably some bulldozer trail work done, and a wider trailer.

I think the Kawasaki engine in my 1993 John Deere riding lawn mower is about the same size as my Mule. They both take the same spark plug & oil filter. I just changed oil in both of them last week. I bought my used John Deere in 2002, & it has mowed 2-3 lawns the past 20 years. The transmission has been rebuilt once and the drive belts have been replaced a few times, but the engine is rock solid. I am a fan of Kawasaki & Honda engines. My two Honda ATVs are 38 & 27 years old, & I don't see myself having to replace them ever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-30-2023)

My neighbor is pretty mechanically inclined. His UTV had a blown head gasket when he bought it cheap. He has a full cab, & he uses it to plow snow, too. He's good at keeping things running. His V8 Dodge Dakota has made it past 500,000 miles, & he still uses a Dodge Neon as his daily driver.

My Mule is only 400cc, & it's not very fast. In low range it will climb. I've had it for 17 years. Oil/filter changes, few duct taped fenders, and maybe a spark plug or two have been about it for maintenance. Some of my trails are narrow with drop offs along the side. A few of my bridges across small creeks are narrow, and this machine just barely fits on my 4' x 8' trailer. If I bought bigger machines some day, I would need wider bridges, probably some bulldozer trail work done, and a wider trailer.

I think the Kawasaki engine in my 1993 John Deere riding lawn mower is about the same size as my Mule. They both take the same spark plug & oil filter. I just changed oil in both of them last week. I bought my used John Deere in 2002, & it has mowed 2-3 lawns the past 20 years. The transmission has been rebuilt once and the drive belts have been replaced a few times, but the engine is rock solid. I am a fan of Kawasaki & Honda engines. My two Honda ATVs are 38 & 27 years old, & I don't see myself having to replace them ever.
    I can't remember if I posted my friends lubetube channel or not but he's got a lot of chain saw video's and some of his old trikes that are neat to watch. I've been down a lot of the trails he's been on and can't believe he made it on a trike lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    A Teryx4. It's not really fast by any means(governed at 80kph) but it's reliable and can haul a lot of people or stuff around. We usually tow it 4hrs away to the mountains to use it. You need insurance and registration to ride on crown(public)land. On our first trip out I planned to try not to scratch it and keep the paint looking like new. That didn't last long... Attachment 24968Attachment 24969
    Looks like loads of fun. Bet you're just itchin to get back out.

Seems Scratch & Dent would make a good thread here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    A Teryx4. It's not really fast by any means(governed at 80kph) but it's reliable and can haul a lot of people or stuff around. We usually tow it 4hrs away to the mountains to use it. You need insurance and registration to ride on crown(public)land. On our first trip out I planned to try not to scratch it and keep the paint looking like new. That didn't last long... Attachment 24968Attachment 24969

I think I want to buy a farm so I can buy UTV. FUMMINS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atras For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atras View Post
    I think I want to buy a farm so I can buy UTV. FUMMINS
    I was thinking the same thing ... brother!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)