Thread: Erratic idle and now check engine light

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Erratic idle and now check engine light

To start I bought a this intake from Malaysia cost was $290 usd shipped. About a week after replacing the intake during a cold start the engine hunts all the way up to 2000 rpm. Until the engine was warmed up everything after was normal smooth driving first light was mid-fire detected cylinder 1. Checked plugs, coils, and wiring never determined the cause for misfire. Couple days go by and still erratic idle. The. About a week ago I got P0068 map/maf throttle position correlation, cylinder 1 mis fire and cylinder 1 injector voltage(can’t remember exact wording) and the car was barely running. I used the troubleshooting chart in the Mitsubishi manual with the exception of the special tools. This lead to replacing fuel injectors which cured the injector voltage code but the P0068 and misfire were still there. Troubleshooting guide directed me to replace Maf sensor which I decided to go ahead and order both as the code states both but the troubleshooting guide would have only replaced the Maf. The Map sensor is discontinued and from what Mitsubishi parts warehouse costumer service states no dealer in the US has one. Found one on EBAY using the Bosch part number came from overseas not China I can’t remember the country. But that part showed up looks great on a Bosch box so it was installed along with a cheapo generic Maf from Rock auto. But it still get P0068 and misfire. Decided to try a different Maf sensor and found one from Advance Auto which showed up as a Mitsubishi oem part for a lot cheaper than Mitsubishi and I am still getting P0068 and the #1 misfire. That’s were I am at now tomorrow on my day off I plan to reinstall the factory intake and see if it’s the issue. The Malaysian intake does not have the crankcase vent tube connection like the oem and I wonder if that could be my issue but I am at a loss. I hope I have enough details and my timeline might not be 100% but it’s close. I will try and check back regularly here as I found out some of the notifications from this forum goes to spam I will do my best not to be that guy that disappears with no closure to the problem. I will also attach some pictures and screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambam234 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-26-2023)