Thread: glad i found a forum

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

glad i found a forum

hey guys, im Adam.
    So glad i found a forum and cant believe it took me this long to do so.
    I had a few jdm cars along the way including an s13 and an s15.

In december last year (2022) i bought a 2013 mirage in white, manual. I use it every day.
    Recently broke down and couldnt work out what the heck was going on it bit it was a dead fuel pump wich cost me 485 to replace. anyways its back up and running again.

The mirage is white, im thinking of doing the whole black and white hot hatch thing. Black rims, black accents and do suspension and exhaust. im not overly sure ill do any engine stuff just cos i want it to maintain its reliability, but it would be cool to be able to go to a few jdm perth car meets and stuff just to hang out and meet people and see cars, and to be able to take my car with some sort of excuse to go.

cheers guys, nice to meet ya

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adrenix For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-03-2023),inuvik (04-03-2023),precisionxt (04-03-2023),rohoGames (04-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Hello Adrenix (Adam) and welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Hello! I think you're our 1st bogan from down under posting on here. Welcome aboard! Since you're already going to mod your car, can you make it look like the Pursuit Special?

Name:  Ford_XB_Falcon_Coupe_Mad_Max_interceptor_replica_crop.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  73.2 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Welcome Adrenix.

Dirk - I'd like to stick some pipes out of the Mirage like that. But there are under body plastics that would probably melt, and the rear door(s) wouldn't open without hitting the pipes. So I think I'll just have to leave it alone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-03-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hello! I think you're our 1st bogan from down under posting on here. Welcome aboard! Since you're already going to mod your car, can you make it look like the Pursuit Special?

Name:  Ford_XB_Falcon_Coupe_Mad_Max_interceptor_replica_crop.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  73.2 KB
    Dirk, we had a Sheila or 2 a few years back. She's dropped off the radar though. Shame, she seemed like a keen DIY'er

ETA: I know Oz takes the stamps from Detroit and builds weird cars like a 4 dr. Mustang (long before Ford US had one)
    The pursuit special is pure 70's Torino bodylines. The grille I can't place but the side view is Talladega Torino
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-05-2023)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Hi Adam from Perth! Mine is white too. My best friend, the entertainer and actor Jack Potter, lived in Northam and died in Perth two years ago.

Welcome, Adam! Glad you found us. Old-school web forums are still the best automotive communities!

(One day, Facebook will decide to add enough features & functionality to their "groups" to kill us off, but until then...)

Mine's a base, white 5-speed too. 2014 model year, but built in '13. (Which in Oz counts as a 2013 model, if I'm not mistaken.)

We've had a bunch of Australian members through the years. As a matter of fact, the very first post made here a decade ago was from a member from down under (since gone AWOL).

I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with your car! Make a garage page for it:

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Welcome Adrenix.

Dirk - I'd like to stick some pipes out of the Mirage like that. But there are under body plastics that would probably melt, and the rear door(s) wouldn't open without hitting the pipes. So I think I'll just have to leave it alone.
    Man I feel in love that cat the first time I saw Mad Max as kid. The newest Mad Max flick with Tom Hardy was excellent but barely featured the Pursuit Special! I was disappointed as I felt his car was just as an important character as Mad Max.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Me too Dirk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-08-2023)