Thread: suggestions for between seats storage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

suggestions for between seats storage

Hi, I'm looking for ideas for between the seats storage, not the armrest but something that would fit well in and around the parking brake. I'm used to having a cup holder or some type of cubby here to store things like my phone, etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-05-2023),gardengurl71 (04-05-2023),Top_Fuel (04-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I never thought about that space much before. I have Drop Stops between the front seats and parking brake console. Someone gave these to me and I thought they would be worthless...but they work pretty well.

Check on Amazon and search for seat gap organizer. There are all sorts of products that might work on a Mirage. If you find one with a good cup holder, let me know. Just make sure it can handle a 44 oz Big Gulp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

gardengurl71 (04-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    hey cool, thanks for sharing this with me
    I saw similar on Amazon but wasn't quite sure about it... are they pretty rigid to prevent collapsing ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I never thought about that space much before. I have Drop Stops between the front seats and parking brake console. Someone gave these to me and I thought they would be worthless...but they work pretty well.

Check on Amazon and search for seat gap organizer. There are all sorts of products that might work on a Mirage. If you find one with a good cup holder, let me know. Just make sure it can handle a 44 oz Big Gulp.
    thank you, I will !

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I forgot how small Mirage seats are.

I was just out in my car, and there's no way I could use most of those organizers on Amazon because they hang over the seat bottom. That might work in a car with larger seats...but anything that hangs over the top of a Mirage seat isn't going to work. At least not with my butt sitting in it. You would need it to hang over the parking brake handle...which isn't exactly convenient if you actually use the parking brake regularly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I forgot how small Mirage seats are.

I was just out in my car, and there's no way I could use most of those organizers on Amazon because they hang over the seat bottom. That might work in a car with larger seats...but anything that hangs over the top of a Mirage seat isn't going to work. At least not with my butt sitting in it. You would need it to hang over the parking brake handle...which isn't exactly convenient if you actually use the parking brake regularly.
    yes, something I could maneuver around the parking brake is ideal..... I don't see me using the brake at all