Thread: Mitsubishi Colt Teaser

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Mitsubishi Colt Teaser

https://www.motor1.com/news/660624/2...lt-new-teaser/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I owned a 1989 Plymouth Colt & everything about it was Mitsubishi.

This is not a Mitsubishi Colt teaser in my opinion. It's just another sign that Mitsubishi will soon be dead as a company.

The name & dealerships will still exist, but some parts of the country will be selling Renault products & other parts will be selling Nissan products.

The Mitsubishi merger into the Alliance with Renault/Nissan will eventually destroy Mitsubishi's identity.

I wish I was wrong, but Mitsubishi as we know it will be gone in a few years. If you are someone who loves Renault & Nissan products, however, Mitsubishi has a bright future!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Has anyone looked into what Mits Heavy Industries are doing? I have no clue.

I do not believe Mits will stop the Mirage any time soon, the Asian factory is churning out >400,000 annually AFAIK. No company would ever shut that volume of operation down. The Mirage appears to be one of the last cars a company can build profitably for <$10k

Also, I'm of the understanding there are still cars available in Europe for <$10K euros. Built by seat, skoda, and others I've never heard of. The world is still hungry for $10k cars, there are still companies happy to oblige, it's obvious though none of the companies are willing to take on the North American market.

I must say something has gone really sideways in the NA market. Consumers were more than happy with Yaris, Fiesta, Focus, Fit, Micra, Versa, Accent, and the other small cars of the day. The stalwart from 2008 onward was the Caravan, for <$20K you got one heck of a vehicle. Even for $17k my vue new was an amazing buy, 2.2 Ecotec, 35mpg + with 5MT, a body that stayed gorgeous, all the power gadgets you could ask for, a terrific car. Mark has his Forester which he loves, I'm sure others here have a secondary car they dote on but our Mirages for the most part are ideal for our purposes.

Oh, as for Mits/Colt. Back in the day I remember you could not give away a Mits. They were all crappy oil burners that needed complete rebuilds @60,000 miles. Most of the them had rotted away anyhow. The Dodge Charger based on some downsized Mits was a joke. To be fair the Mustang II was also a joke. So many little crappy cars made it over here and had badges of renown slapped on them. I owned an 86 Caravan CV (cargo) where the prior owner rebuilt the 2.6 Mits and it was a bulletproof powerhouse. That little van pulled a large enclosed trailer all over Ontario during the worst weather. I lost it when my Dad "gifted" me a 1988 V6 CV that was trash from the get go.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Colt?

Return of the Twin Stick?!?

Name:  twin_stick.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  68.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-06-2023)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Colt?

Return of the Twin Stick?!?

The Colt we got here in Europe after the A150 "twin stick" models, was the C10 Colt. It had the same gearbox but with a different shifting mechanism. The first four gears were the same four as with setting "power" and the fifth was the same fourth but with a different differential gearing, called "economy" . In practice it worked just as an ordinary five-speed and had a lever with a normal switching pattern. The engines of the C10 were very reliable, but not as economical as you could have hoped. My C10 needed about 7L for 100km versus less than 4L for the Mirage/SpaceStar.

The Renault Clio is a much bigger car, too big for my liking. I hope they don't replace the Mrage with it.

Last edited by foama; 04-08-2023 at 06:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-08-2023)