Thread: Windshield Replacement

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Windshield Replacement

Has anyone had to have a windshield replaced? If so, how much , when , and where are you located?

I am deciding on deductibles and coverage options and trying to decide if it is woth it to pay more for the insurance or if it is pretty cheap to replace on the 2021 Mirage HB we have.

$200 is what I pay for most normal windshields including the Mirage.

If you have the fancy collision avoidance camera or whichever system uses a camera mounted to the windshield then get ready to bend over. My windshield guy can't source aftermarket windshields for the 2 2023 Mirages. Dealer only and around $1000 a piece, and he doesn't have the equipment for the one with the camera that may have to be calibrated...Hopefully others have better luck than that!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-21-2023),Christopher_B (04-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    Has anyone had to have a windshield replaced? If so, how much , when , and where are you located?

I am deciding on deductibles and coverage options and trying to decide if it is woth it to pay more for the insurance or if it is pretty cheap to replace on the 2021 Mirage HB we have.
    It's pretty easy to get a quote for an item like that. I found it pretty easy to call or email auto glass places to get a number of quotes for my Forester. My 2011 Forester is very basic and the windshield was basic. It cost me $300. The windshield itself was something like $125, & the rest was the installation fee.

When I paid my bill, I was told mine was cheap. They said several windshields would put the price over $1,000. I didn't inquire why at the time. Like Fummins already mentioned, the collision mitigation braking system may make it way more costly for the 2021+ Mirages.

It's surely something to consider when buying insurance. Please share what you find out!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (04-26-2023),Fummins (04-21-2023)