Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New to the site

Hello all. Greetings from Ohio. Purchased my 2022 G4 ES last year and have around 12k miles on it. Bought it for the mpg, rear seat legroom (I have 2 kids 4/7) and looks. (Yes, I like the looks of it). I use it for commuting primarily. I have a UR rear sway bar, konig helium wheels, some factory rain guardsand factory fog lights. In the next few weeks, I plan on tinting the windows all the way around and put on a UR tower bar. I'd have it done sooner but taking the fam to Disneyland. (My family and I are originally from California). I may lower it, not sure yet.

I love older cars but being that I'm in my 40s now, priorities change. I've owned a lancer oz rally, 350z track edition, old vw bug, Chevelle, ranchero, f100, 3 C10, k10, etc etc etc. Currently own the mirage and a 2005 Honda Odyssey.

Glad to be here.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FateUnknown For This Useful Post:

defensivetackle88 (04-22-2023),detroit (05-24-2023),Fummins (04-22-2023),inuvik (04-22-2023),Mark (04-22-2023),precisionxt (04-24-2023),rohoGames (04-24-2023),twister77 (04-23-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FateUnknown View Post
    Hello all. Greetings from Ohio. Purchased my 2022 G4 ES last year and have around 12k miles on it. Bought it for the mpg, rear seat legroom (I have 2 kids 4/7) and looks. (Yes, I like the looks of it). I use it for commuting primarily. I have a UR rear sway bar, konig helium wheels, some factory rain guardsand factory fog lights. In the next few weeks, I plan on tinting the windows all the way around and put on a UR tower bar. I'd have it done sooner but taking the fam to Disneyland. (My family and I are originally from California). I may lower it, not sure yet.

I love older cars but being that I'm in my 40s now, priorities change. I've owned a lancer oz rally, 350z track edition, old vw bug, Chevelle, ranchero, f100, 3 C10, k10, etc etc etc. Currently own the mirage and a 2005 Honda Odyssey.

Glad to be here.
    Welcome to the forum!

I think it's a shame that companies like Ford & GM have dropped most of their more affordable sedans. Most families these days own multiple vehicles, and every one of them doesn't need to be an SUV or truck. Profit trumps consumer needs I believe in this case.

The G4 remains a great options for families (you're a great example of this). Sounds like you are enjoying your G4! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow. I thought I was the ONLY 1 here with the same life journey with the same sedan! It RARE.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    More pictures pls! Mine is also gray 22 G4!! Is your a 5 speed too??

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice car! Welcome to the site.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    More pictures pls! Mine is also gray 22 G4!! Is your a 5 speed too??

Mine is an auto. I've become too lazy in my older years and no longer want to shift gears

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I think it's a shame that companies like Ford & GM have dropped most of their more affordable sedans. Most families these days own multiple vehicles, and every one of them doesn't need to be an SUV or truck. Profit trumps consumer needs I believe in this case.

The G4 remains a great options for families (you're a great example of this). Sounds like you are enjoying your G4! Thanks for sharing that with us!
    That's why I've held onto my van. It has a DVD player for the kids. Although with my car, I have DVD screens for each one on the back headrests. The mirage has some of the best rear legroom of the compact cars. I think the only one that beats it is the Corolla. But the Corolla doesn't get my mpg NA. I can consistently get 45+mpg with my family of 4 in the car

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I like the wheels, the tires look chunky
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by FateUnknown View Post
    Bought it for the mpg, rear seat legroom
    The rear legroom is truly surprising the first time I sat in the back. The G4 literally has more legroom than my folks' old ('06) Camry!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by craigq View Post
    I like the wheels, the tires look chunky

185/55/15