Thread: Amazon canada is insane

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Amazon canada is insane

AC Delco filter for my Vue 12/25/2022 $8.74

same filter this week, $21.84!!!

they have lost the plot. I'm now going to try my very best to buy from anyone BUT Amazon.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-24-2023),inuvik (04-24-2023)

There are third party sellers that sell crap on amazon at insane prices...Same with walmart, best buy etc.....I don't think any of them care who you buy from. It doesn't hurt to support your local parts place rather than insanely huge corporations.

I once tried to single handely bankrupt walmart years ago. Year ago they offered free delivery on anything, no minimum. I ordered a 99cent bag of chips and they shipped it in an oversized box filled with foam pellets or those airbag things. They shipped a 99cent bag of chips from Ontario to Alberta. After doing this a number of times they introduced a $50 min. Now it's pretty hit or miss what they'll ship anymore for some reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    AC Delco filter for my Vue 12/25/2022 $8.74

same filter this week, $21.84!!!

they have lost the plot. I'm now going to try my very best to buy from anyone BUT Amazon.
    Prices fluctuating day to day is a bit of the norm. Amazon is not the only one guilty of that.

Tire prices really fluctuate. I've seen the same thing with other items like trail cameras & other items. One week they are full price, & the next week they are 30-40% off. If it's something you need or want, you need to pull the trigger on it when it's on sale.

That's why I bought the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires when I did. I haven't seen them on sale like that before. I don't care if they are on backorder. I don't need them today.

I just got a notice about them not being in by April 23rd. Tire Rack wanted to know if I wanted to change my order. I told them "NO WAY, I will wait all summer for them if I have to!". Why cancel my order & pay full price for tires I want next fall anyway?

I don't think it pays to slam Amazon. Walmart & other places aren't much different about pricing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-26-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There are third party sellers that sell crap on amazon at insane prices...Same with walmart, best buy etc.....I don't think any of them care who you buy from. It doesn't hurt to support your local parts place rather than insanely huge corporations.

I once tried to single handely bankrupt walmart years ago. Year ago they offered free delivery on anything, no minimum. I ordered a 99cent bag of chips and they shipped it in an oversized box filled with foam pellets or those airbag things. They shipped a 99cent bag of chips from Ontario to Alberta. After doing this a number of times they introduced a $50 min. Now it's pretty hit or miss what they'll ship anymore for some reason.
    Hey Fummins. Atlanta is getting its 1st Tim Horton's. It's an even trade. America imports that restaurant and exports Walmart and obesity to Canada.

I'm going to do a report on Tim Hortons for my fellow Americans on here. It can't be any worse than Dunkin Donuts. I have to enjoy my coffee and apple fritter while on the Dunkin's toilet, otherwise I won't make it to my car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hey Fummins. Atlanta is getting its 1st Tim Horton's. It's an even trade. America imports that restaurant and exports Walmart and obesity to Canada.

I'm going to do a report on Tim Hortons for my fellow Americans on here. It can't be any worse than Dunkin Donuts. I have to enjoy my coffee and apple fritter while on the Dunkin's toilet, otherwise I won't make it to my car.
    We have a new Dunkin Donuts coming to our local town soon! Not something I really need!

Tim Horton's probably wouldn't survive here. We just drink beer & eat cheese in Wisconsin.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-27-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We have a new Dunkin Donuts coming to our local town soon! Not something I really need!

Tim Horton's probably wouldn't survive here. We just drink beer & eat cheese in Wisconsin.
    I'm jealous of your gorgeous summers in the upper Mid-West for sure. I bet the fishing is fantastic too. I know you hunt but do you fish too? It'd be a shame not to with all those gorgeous lakes. I love summers up North. I fell asleep outside, during summer, for the 1st time in my life, visiting my wife's family at the Jersey shore. You can't do that in Atlanta, you will get cooked at best and die of heat stroke at worst. On the flip side, Georgia winters are very mild. We don't even salt the roads down here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (04-27-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm jealous of your gorgeous summers in the upper Mid-West for sure. I bet the fishing is fantastic too. I know you hunt but do you fish too? It'd be a shame not to with all those gorgeous lakes. I love summers up North. I fell asleep outside, during summer, for the 1st time in my life, visiting my wife's family at the Jersey shore. You can't do that in Atlanta, you will get cooked at best and die of heat stroke at worst. On the flip side, Georgia winters are very mild. We don't even salt the roads down here.
    I don't fish as much as I did years ago.

I filled my turkey tag last Friday (sorry pic is turned sideways below). It helps having a 72 acre wooded back yard (my little slice of Heaven) with small creeks, springs (water coming right out of the ground), & rock formations. I grew up in NE Wisconsin, but I've become fond of the Driftless region of SW Wisconsin. "Mysteries of the Driftless" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_DOPumFkU

Attached Images Attached Images