Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Considering trade in mine for the CVT

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Where 75 & 285 meet is not what most consider downtown. I know you know that. But you lost me if you're talking about 75 & 285 near you, or if you mean 75, 85, and 20 in the nucleus of the Thunderdome. In any event, it's all bad. However, if you think about the roads from their infancy (wild animal traces, horse trails, wagon trails, dirt roads, etc, etc, etc, growth & time, etc, etc), to me it becomes clear as to why it is the way it is. And that the DOT has to deal with it as best they can.

I fantasize about what it would be like if everyone paid 100% attention to their driving, and stayed right on the speed limit. I think rush hour traffic would just be heavy, but would move. A fantasy for sure, nothing of the sort will ever happen (unless computers control all traffic).
    No, I know. Sorry I should of been more clear in talking about two different sections of freeway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I知 getting the G4 soon. I知 excited!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    I知 getting the G4 soon. I知 excited!
    I just had a deja vu moment!

I’m getting the G4 soon. I’m excited!
    Bring it out here, I know a great place to break it in!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 05-28-2023 at 04:45 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-28-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    It looks sharp!

Outside of the ES trim level, it looks like the Mirage & G4 don't share the same wheels/rims. I also notice the G4 LE, BE, & SE have 175/55r15 tires (LE & SE same rims). Whereas the 2023 Mirage LE still has the old style 14" alloy rims that the SE had when the GT existed. The older model LE trim level had 15" rims. It's all very confusing. Mitsubishi & their ever changing trim levels are confusing.

Regardless, I've always thought the 175/55r15 wheels make the G4 look much better. The G4 just seems beefier than the Mirage, & the smaller wheels are not a good look for it.

Congrats on your new Mirage! I wish I could buy a new Mirage every year, too!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-29-2023)

I agree, the way Mitsubishi labels their trim levels across different markets is hard to make sense of. You'd think that they'd be somewhat consistent across the North American market(USA,Mexico,Canuckystan). They seem to change standard equipment and options yearly it seems. Work bought 2 new top level Mirages a few months ago. One SE and one GT. The SE had the same 14" alloy wheels that they used since probably 2017 and the GT had 15's. They quit selling the G4 up here a few years ago, never did get the refreshed front end Sedan...

It is good to post this useless info, could come in handy one year?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah exactly and that痴 what I for example groaned about the red accent on the grill being absent on G4 SE trim for both model year 2022 and 2023. It did became standard on model year 2021 G4 SE then Mitsu decided to have it exclusive for BE for 2 years in a row. Red accent on the grill to me looks awesome as it adds more character but not the end of the world. Maybe I値l get that from junkyard.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It looks sharp!

Outside of the ES trim level, it looks like the Mirage & G4 don't share the same wheels/rims. I also notice the G4 LE, BE, & SE have 175/55r15 tires (LE & SE same rims). Whereas the 2023 Mirage LE still has the old style 14" alloy rims that the SE had when the GT existed. The older model LE trim level had 15" rims. It's all very confusing. Mitsubishi & their ever changing trim levels are confusing.

Regardless, I've always thought the 175/55r15 wheels make the G4 look much better. The G4 just seems beefier than the Mirage, & the smaller wheels are not a good look for it.

Congrats on your new Mirage! I wish I could buy new Mirage every year, too!
    Thanks Mark. The SE trim is so worth the jump from ES for many different reasons; No more baby wheels lol and no more inconveniences ie no trunk button for loading/unloading groceries/wagon for family function and Instacart respectively.

No more pain from my left leg which the main reason for this switch. I can now rest my legs comfortably in city commute and bumper 2 bumper traffic.

Driving the CVT Mirage has been very positive. It sure does behave differently than the MT Mirage I can easily tell you that. Both have their strength and weakness.
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 05-29-2023 at 05:11 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Thanks Mark. The SE trim is so worth the jump from ES for many different reasons; No more baby wheels lol and no more inconveniences ie no trunk button for loading/unloading groceries/wagon for family function and Instacart respectively.

No more pain from my left leg which the main reason for this switch. I can now rest my legs comfortably in city commute and bumper 2 bumper traffic.

Driving the CVT Mirage has been very positive. It sure does behave differently than the MT Mirage I can easily tell you that. Both have their strength and weakness.
    I'm jealous of that proximity key! Congrats