Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beanshi :: 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Beanshi
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Infrared
    5MT

Traveling copy repair technician service pod. Bought for my work vehicle primarily for MPG and to teach myself to drive manual. Will be doing mods and upgrades along the way. Stay tuned for more tuning!

Details

aftermarket fog light kit
    darkened side turn signal lights
    rear bumper guard plate
    rainguards

Ralco RZ short throw shifter ('02 Lancer/EVO VIII)
    weighted round shift knob with red carbon fiber styling
    aftermarket leather center console
    rear seat delete for extra cargo space
    Mitsubishi analog clock install into dash
    leather steering wheel cover, hand-stitched install
    leather seat covers
    fake BRIDE neck rest pillows and shift boot for +10 HP

JVC CS-J620 300W 6.5" speakers

OEM 1.2L DOHC MIVEC 3-banger
    Hella Stark Sound – 109.23.37 – upgraded horns

UltraRacing rear sway bar

14" OEM steel wheels, plans for 15" Konig alloys later
    aftermarket hubcabs, centercaps, valve stem caps
    DIY mudflaps

Comments: 23 / Views: 12588
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today's project: rear seat delete.

This is a mod that I had planned before I even got the car. Since I have to carry printer parts and some tools with me across the state it makes sense to maximize cargo space.

The delete was quite easy, just some 14mm bolts holding down seats and buckles.

Name:  mirage_open_hatch.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  74.1 KB
    Name:  mirage_rear_seats_removed.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  48.9 KB

Now I've got some small Harbor Freight moving blankets over the space and will probably add a plywood slab for extra support later. I think this will work fine for the moment and will adjust accordingly. Not sure if the privacy shade is staying or not yet since it only covers a small amount now.

These are the blankets:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/home/m...ket-58328.html

Name:  mirage_delete_from_back.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  73.0 KB
    Name:  mirage_delete_inside.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  75.6 KB
    Last edited by jonesboro; 04-30-2023 at 11:50 PM.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-01-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today's project: X60 OBDII gauge install

Since the Mirage doesn't seem to have a coolant temp gauge by default (unless I missed it?) I decided to get an additional gauge pod. Here's the link if you want one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YTTMFW3

I was deliberating adding a mechanical temp gauge but I figured this would suffice instead of cutting open a coolant hose and adding a sensor. This can also cycle through other data accessible thru OBDII (like oil temp and pressure) if you don't want coolant temp shown.

Name:  IMG_3092.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  45.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_3094.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  54.9 KB

Thought for a minute on where to put it that wasn't too obnoxious or in the way. Eventually decided to mount it just to the upper left of where I think a push-to-start goes on higher trims. The gauge comes with a sticky pad for adhesion and after using a little iso alcohol to remove a small patch of Armorall it sticks fine.

Name:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  68.6 KB

I used some of these sticky clips I had laying around for the cable management. Ran it along side near door then down thru inner fuse box panel as there's an open slot in it which works perfectly.

Name:  IMG_3096.JPG
Views: 633
Size:  90.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_3095.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  53.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_3098.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  62.4 KB

It works! Stay tuned for more tuning!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-05-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Looks a bit cleaner than my scanguage 3 install. But I think I like the bigger screen better, more info on one screen

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMW For This Useful Post:

jonesboro (05-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    Looks a bit cleaner than my scanguage 3 install. But I think I like the bigger screen better, more info on one screen
    I was looking at the Scangauge based on recommendations on this forum also. The touchscreen on the 3 looks really convenient and featureful! This X60 gauge does have the advantage of only being $45 USD tho. Time will tell if it holds up.
    Last edited by jonesboro; 05-05-2023 at 04:37 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today's project: install fog lights and this neat Mitsubishi dash clock!

The clock comes with a small metal pod that can be stuck to the dash or used with a clip for your air vent, but I decided to insert it into the vacant push-to-start hole. I didn't do anything fancy to keep it there. Just wrapped it in black electrical tape a few times until it was a snug fit.

I think it looks pretty good.

Name:  IMG_3105.jpg
Size:  82.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3107.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  57.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3126.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  72.0 KB

The fog light kit is aftermarket (more on this later...) and includes a wiring harness with inline relay and fuse, etc. It isn't really needed since as we all know Mitsubishi has one part number for the wiring harnesses on their cars apparently and they just tuck the unneeded connectors away. So we'll just install the light assemblies and connect everything up, followed by an ETACS activation sequence. This has been documented on the forum before, but here is my attempt.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096PNVN8N

Name:  IMG_3109.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  79.7 KB

The kit does not include the missing relay you need for the main fuse box, but I got one separately.

4-pin 12v 35A
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSB3NW9D

Name:  IMG_3112.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_3120.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  71.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_3122.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  61.6 KB

Fog lights go here. We're just gonna clip them out and use a razor blade to clean up the rim.

Name:  IMG_3111.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  38.8 KB

Now after taking off the wheel and inner liner there's access to where our lights are going. We now...untape...the connector that goes to our fog lights and screw in the assemblies to the pre-drilled holes.

Name:  IMG_3114.jpg
Size:  58.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3115.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  66.5 KB

Adjustment of bulb alignment may be required which I can try later. I also plan to swap the bulbs for LEDs shortly.

Name:  IMG_3125.jpg
Size:  75.8 KB

It also includes a dash button...but as Fummins points out in post #10 later in this thread it's only needed for the aftermarket harness included. The factory harness routes to the left-side switch column on the steering wheel. Before he told me this I thought this connector behind the dash might've been it, but it is not.

Name:  IMG_3119.jpg
Size:  54.7 KB

See post #11 for the finished fog lights. Stay tuned for more tuning!
    Last edited by jonesboro; 05-29-2023 at 09:03 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-07-2023),vintzend (05-07-2023)

Love the red and black accents you added!

I believe we have a similar taste for Mirages / Space Stars

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

jonesboro (05-07-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    Love the red and black accents you added!

I believe we have a similar taste for Mirages / Space Stars
    Thank you! The black on red theme is something I've wanted to go all out on for a while! I see you are a man of culture as well

Your Space Star looks amazing also! I love the black winter alloys! Thinking of a similar 15" set for general use when I do upgrade the wheels.
    Last edited by jonesboro; 05-07-2023 at 06:57 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

vintzend (05-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today's project: install a throttle controller, a rear bumper guard plate (OEM from Mitsubishi!), some aftermarket door sill guards, and some RedSuns decals from Initial D.

I washed the Mirage today and did a few random easy mods. The first would be the throttle controller which has been mentioned on this forum before:

https://www.ultimate9.co/evc-throttl...face-lift.html

Name:  IMG_3141.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  52.0 KB

I installed the interface chip just behind the turn signal lever on the bottom right of the gauge cluster housing. I've just got it set to auto-control for now which does add some pep to acceleration. I haven't tried the "performance" mode full-throttle settings yet as it's not yet time to hoon this beautiful beast. That time is when it's paid off and has a cheap turbo dropped in it. Someday...

Name:  IMG_3142.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  92.9 KB

I also installed some Mitsubishi-branded door sill guards on all four doors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099F4N36H

Name:  IMG_3079.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  53.0 KB

Next up is the rear bumper guard since I'll be slinging parts and tools in and out of the hatch a lot. This is the same one you'd get if you got the add-on from the dealer. Part no.: MZ314777

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252722095571

Name:  IMG_3143.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  89.1 KB

(Yes, it is a few centimeters off-center. I try not to think about it lol.)

Last up are some Initial D die-cuts I ordered from Etsy. I've been repping the RedSuns for three cars now.

One on the back hatch glass:

Name:  IMG_3171.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  91.0 KB

And one on the rear driver window:

Name:  IMG_3173.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  95.7 KB

That's all for today but I'll be attempting another project soon. I already have the part in. Here's a hint below.

Name:  demo_pic.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  65.0 KB

Stay tuned for more tuning!
    Last edited by jonesboro; 05-29-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post
    Today's project: install fog lights and this neat Mitsubishi dash clock!

The clock comes with a small metal pod that can be stuck to the dash or used with a clip for your air vent, but I decided to insert it into the vacant push-to-start hole. I didn't do anything fancy to keep it there. Just wrapped it in black electrical tape a few times until it was a snug fit.

I think it looks pretty good.

Name:  IMG_3105.jpg
Size:  82.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3107.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  57.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3126.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  72.0 KB

The fog light kit is aftermarket (more on this later...) and includes a wiring harness with inline relay and fuse, etc. It isn't really needed since as we all know Mitsubishi has one part number for the wiring harnesses on their cars apparently and they just tuck the unneeded connectors away. So we'll just install the light assemblies and connect everything up, followed by an ETACS activation sequence. This has been documented on the forum before, but here is my attempt.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096PNVN8N

Name:  IMG_3109.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  79.7 KB

The kit does not include the missing relay you need for the main fuse box, but I got one separately.

4-pin 12v 35A
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSB3NW9D

Name:  IMG_3112.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_3120.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  71.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_3122.jpg
Size:  61.6 KB

Fog lights go here. We're just gonna clip them out and use a razor blade to clean up the rim.

Name:  IMG_3111.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  38.8 KB

Now after taking off the wheel and inner liner there's access to where our lights are going. We now...untape...the connector that goes to our fog lights and screw in the assemblies to the pre-drilled holes.

Name:  IMG_3114.jpg
Size:  58.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3115.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  66.5 KB

Adjustment of bulb alignment may be required which I can try later. I also plan to swap the bulbs for LEDs shortly.

Name:  IMG_3125.jpg
Size:  75.8 KB

It also includes a dash button...but this aftermarket button does not match the connector that is pre-installed behind the dash panel.

Name:  IMG_3119.jpg
Size:  54.7 KB

I'm sure an OEM Mitsubishi button would have worked with the available connector but this aftermarket one simply does not. I looked again and found an adapter cable that should hopefully work. So after that gets here all that is left is ETACS sequence and we're in business.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KGVPNK3
    Attachment 25176

Will update with the final result later. Stay tuned for more tuning!
    I just noticed this post. Does your car not already have the OEM fog light switch like pretty much every 2015+ Mirage sold in north america? It should be on the signal arm with the headlight switch? That amazon fog light kit looks like it comes with it's own stand alone wiring harness. I don't think these cars ever came with a fog light switch mounted to the dash.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

jonesboro (05-29-2023)