Thread: Mirage Madness

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Mirage Madness

I took a trip to a smallish town about 90 minutes from home.

On the way there I saw, a silver, GREEN and the venerated PURPLE!!!
    Coming home I saw two blues, black, 3 whites and some burnt red I've never seen before.

It was a great trip.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Love seeing more and more on the road!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! Here in Indiana I have also spotted a blue mirage in addition to the purple I posted here!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I see Mirages everyday in my city and a lot of Outlander Sports. What I don't see is the Eclipse Cross or the new Outlander hardly ever.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I saw the weirdest hthing today. I street parked by a popular hospital and nearly every vehicle on the street was a Mitsubishi, not Mirages. Weirder still, 75% had a disability. parking tag. Then driving home I noticed many, many RVR.

Wasn't the RVR <$20K just a while ago? Are the Outlander, Cross and RVR the same platform? If they are Mits are idiots.

I'll not be paying $30k for a 4 cyl. 5 seat, That's OTD for the basic trim RVR. With a CVT? no thanks. when my Vue, 4 cyl, 5 MT, 5 seat with loads of options runs well and gets me 13-14km/L.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Dirk - It's interesting that you see Mirages in your area. I see almost none. I moved to PTC for 2 reasons. The schools and to be close to work. I had an 82 mile commute before moving here. I didn't mind it so much because Hyundai gave me a turd to drive and about half the money required to make that commute. I prefer the nothing commute, I have so much free time. But because the Fayette county schools are some of the better in the state, a lot of snoots move into this area. A snoot is someone who does anything for "status." I do nothing for status. I'm just a regular Shrek who wanted my sons to go to these schools. That said, I very very seldom see Mirages here in Peachtree City. It doesn't fit in with the snoots. It's all about the gargantuan SUVs. Either gargantuan in size, or gargantuan in price, or both. Living in this area probably contributed to my respect for the Mirage. Yeah, I have an LS 460L. But I stole it and was interested in it because it is such an under appreciated luxury car. 90% of the snoots in my area wouldn't have it, it's not Euro-trash enough, nor does it break down often enough for their intellectual tastes.

My son and I went up to Ringgold / East Ridge a few weeks back, and we saw Mirages left and right. A few G4s too. I still to this day think the G4 is quite nice looking, but I've always been fond of coupes and sedans. I'm glad to hear people up your way seems to be less snooty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I saw the weirdest hthing today. I street parked by a popular hospital and nearly every vehicle on the street was a Mitsubishi, not Mirages. Weirder still, 75% had a disability. parking tag. Then driving home I noticed many, many RVR.

Wasn't the RVR <$20K just a while ago? Are the Outlander, Cross and RVR the same platform? If they are Mits are idiots.

I'll not be paying $30k for a 4 cyl. 5 seat, That's OTD for the basic trim RVR. With a CVT? no thanks. when my Vue, 4 cyl, 5 MT, 5 seat with loads of options runs well and gets me 13-14km/L.
    Your RVR is our Outlander Sport. I thought Mitsubishi was making a mistake wedging the Eclipse Cross between the Outlander & OS. Sales figures have never been great for the Eclipse Cross, because is competing against their own models somewhat. They should have come up with something that competes with the popular Kia Soul instead in my opinion.