Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my transmission is finished?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, I was at the Pull a Part getting ready to pull the transmission. I watched a tear down video and the majority of the sensors I listed are on the valve body. I'm going to order one and the filter. Anything else I should replace while I'm at it? And do you recommend a place to order a valve body from?

Last edited by remarque; 05-09-2023 at 04:34 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Pull a Part wants about $200 for a valve body, I found this one on Ebay. Just want to make sure its the right one before I order it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11432853385...3ABFBMqOy4ioBi

Wow, I would have figured a pick n pull would want $200 for the entire transmission! I paid $500(under $400usd) for an entire cvt from lkq with 4000 miles on it and I didn't have to pull it out.
    I don't know if the versa valve body is the same? I didn't think the Mirage cvt had a rom in it like the Versa but I think maybe it does?
    If so I assume the Mirage and versa rom will be different. Attachment 25191 I'd hate for you to buy one and it not fix your issues then still need to go buy a transmission.

That pictures in that ebay link that you posted show 2 different valve body's. One has 4 solenoids and the other has 5. The Mirage has 4.
    I'm writing this post in spurts as I get a spare minute so it's jumbled all over the place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-16-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Back in 2017 I had TWO complete low mileage drivetrains available to me, the 5MT was out and $475 /35,000KM the CVT was in and $500 with 17,500Km. I should have bought them both.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to an LKQ Pull a Part, they are charging $361 for the transmission, not including the torque converter which is $82. I've found some locally for $300-$400 at traditional yards. But I think its the valve body. I also failed to mention that I had the blinking D1 Icon on the dash when it happened, I may have just over heated the transmission. I'm going to put some fresh fluid in it and clear the codes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I picked up a transmission with torque converter from a 2018 with 80K on it. I've gotten everything off except the valve body connector, it's turn as far as it can but still will not come out. Is there something special I need to do?I don't want to break it.

You're talking about the big round plug at the front corner? They can be a pita. Tap it lightly to free up any loose dirt and crap, blow it out with air or whatever works. Work it back and forth(turning it). I sometimes have to tap the part that turns so that the part that you push to release is almost wedged against the transmission case(if that makes any sense?). It's been a while since I had one apart. Take your time, turn and pull a little at a time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got it off, thank you. Trans is out, what direction does the engine spin so I can take the torque converter off? Or Can I just leave it on?
    Last edited by remarque; 05-13-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Transmission is in, fluid added, drove it around the neighborhood and got up to 40mph without any issues. Still needs a few parts light headlights and better set of fenders before I put it on the highway. Overall it took me about a day and a half to do the replacement, only because I was taking time. I got the transmission out and the replacement in on the same day, had to ask the local shade tree mechanic to help me get it back in. Overall, its an easy job if you mechanically inclined. The axel nuts are a PITA. I know these are cheap cars but I wonder how much Mitsubishi saved not having cotter pinned axel nuts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to remarque For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-16-2023)